PDA

View Full Version : Can you ship a press outside US? Like Sweden?

old_haidouk
06-14-2013, 02:53 PM
A member on a different forum wants to buy my Dillon but he's in... Sweden? I know Dillon sells outside US. Anyone knows anything about that? Your.02 centavos is appreciated too but not helpful :wink:

rasto
06-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Redirect him to european Dillon distributor.
www.doublealpha.biz
It will be less expensive due to the shipping fee.
But the press is yours as the last word.

DougGuy
06-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Sweden has extremely high VAT taxes, and there is not really any way around the declared value. If you declare it as $100 and you insure it for what it's worth, then add the shipping, they add everything together and then gouge the recipient for about 45% of that amount.

Bjornb
06-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Import VAT in both Sweden, Norway and Denmark is currently 25% of the total declared value AND freight cost. Shipping a Dillon 650 with a few extras to Scandinavia will quickly run into the hundreds of dollars. I have been shipping goods to these countries for over 20 years. The only "reasonable" way of shipping is container freight; there are several shipping companies in the US who "consolidate" shipments and you pay only for the space your stuff occupies in a 40-footer. Example:I just shipped a pallet (48 inch cube) with auto parts weighing 600 lbs to Gothenburg, Sweden. Shipping cost was $300. Takes longer time, but people over there are used to it and don't seem to mind.YMMV

DougGuy
06-15-2013, 03:28 AM
Earlier this year I shipped a Stratocaster guitar in it's case, dbl boxed, to Froson, Sweden. Shipping was $224.00. Value including shipping and insurance was $1724.00 VAT on it was $526.00 USD.

old_haidouk
06-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Thank you all. Looks like it's a no ship.

Stampede
06-16-2013, 03:51 AM
I live in the Netherlands, the European distributor for Lee, RCBS, Lyman and Dillon is this guy (also known as Midway Europe). http://www.johannsen-jagd.de/data_de/katalog/katalog.php
I do import presses my self straight from the US the cheapest is: USPS but you have to pay taxes. In some cases I found out that importing/transporting via UPS or FEDEX does not include import taxes !!!!!8-) But the shippment fee is very expensive.
Try the store that I mentioned and ask for regular European postal surface-mail fees, that might safe a few bucks.

Stampede

dromia
06-16-2013, 04:41 AM
Surely it is for the recipient to decide whether its worth buying your kit or not.

You can give him the shipping costs that it costs you to send, he needs to work out his import costs at his end add it all up and then decide.

I get a lot of stuff shipped from the states to the UK, about 1/3rd or less of the shipment gets captured by customs, all the paperwork is honest they just don't have the capacity to check and charge everything, so I base my costing on that strike rate. My decision.

Wal'
06-16-2013, 07:30 AM
I've imported press's & casting pots down here to Australia......even with the shipping cost still cheaper than buying local........all comes down to whether the buyer will save on buying local.

jethunter
06-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Perfectly legal for you to ship and sell your dillon to Sweden. The buyer probably knows all about the VAT already and it is till cheaper by half compared to buying local. The people selling that stuff in Europe and especially Scandinavia are serious price gougers. That's part of the reason why ebay prices get so crazy - they can pay twice what we do on stuff and still it's cheaper for them than buying locally.

EDG
06-19-2013, 04:31 PM
It is totally amazing what they have to pay for stuff after all shipping and taxes.

Smoke4320
06-19-2013, 05:41 PM
we are headed that way.. if the dems say in office look out

Chilmonty
06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Obama says no, and you will be audited by the IRS for asking!

Nickle
06-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Obama says no, and you will be audited by the IRS for asking!

Only if they don't hold your income tax refund for no valid reason. BTDT myself.

Patrick56
06-22-2013, 02:17 PM
You did hit the nail! We really know what the price will be in the end, especially we, who load " exotic" calibers as the 30-30 and 25-20 and can not get the gear from the local company! It is a pity that your government made restrictions on exporting rifle caliber cases, as 45-70 and similar could become a treat to the US.

rasto
06-22-2013, 03:47 PM
It is not a pity but parricide to not support own production which gives opportunity and employment to Americans.
Put embargo on everything Made in the US and it will by counterproductive!
Export brings money and not everybody who is living out of states is terrorist :confused: