PDA

View Full Version : Roasted in shell peanuts are...........

WILCO
06-14-2013, 10:06 AM
addictive! :grin:

Cane_man
06-14-2013, 10:07 AM
they are bomb, but they really plug up the piping for me....

Ed Barrett
06-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I like the Cajan ones that are soaked in hot sauce for a couple of days before roasting. They were the only snack I could leave on my desk that didn't get eaten while I was gone. At least no the second time.

DCP
06-14-2013, 01:41 PM
This is Nuts!:bigsmyl2:

dbosman
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM
The Peanut Shop is one of my favorite stops in Lansing. In business since 1937. Family owned since 1960.
Here is a documentary if you want to see an old fashioned shop run as it has always been run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEtBWJTyrWA

blademasterii
06-14-2013, 03:04 PM
We just got raw peanuts in at the local publix. When my nieces get back from vacation i'm going to grab some and do cajun boiled peanuts. I did edamame whole marinated in rice wine vinegar and salt. Awesome snack that is kind of healthy.

oneokie
06-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Local feed store carries roasted, salted, and cajun style. Sent an assortment to a member in PA. He loved the cajun style.

snuffy
06-14-2013, 04:09 PM
I like the Cajan ones that are soaked in hot sauce for a couple of days before roasting. They were the only snack I could leave on my desk that didn't get eaten while I was gone. At least no the second time.

Soaked in hot sauce before being roasted? Man, would I love to taste that! I'll have to see if I can find some locally!:grin:

10-x
06-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Go to a "Five Guys" burger joint, all the roasted in the shell p-nuts you can eat. BTW, anyone know the joke about the nut shop owner with the big nose?

Chihuahua Floyd
06-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Wife tries to keep a bag for me next to my recliner. Dumped in a popcorn tin from Christmas and good to go. Unlike Cane Man, they really keep my pipes clean. Try to eat a handful every night.
Wife has read that nuts, espially almonds, are good for a man's prostrate. So I almost always have some kind of nuts handy.
CF

reloader28
06-15-2013, 11:18 AM
I always keep some on the bar for whoever stops in. We go thru several bags a year.

My grandpas brother builds or built popcorn/roasted peanut wagons. Some were horse drawn wagons, some were small that you push by hand and some were made on Model A chassis.
Have to see if the wife can do a picture.