PDA

View Full Version : Damn, my collection would look good in this

Old Iron Sights
06-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Saw this in an antique store yesterday. Drool...

Rojelio
06-14-2013, 11:16 AM
How much would that set you back?

Display cabinets are nice, but, I prefer to keep my expensive stuff in safes.

Whiterabbit
06-14-2013, 11:38 AM
my wife would kill me if I put that next to the bed :D

Jack Stanley
06-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Buy it and tell your wife the salesman said the drawers on the bottom were for shoes and you were thinking of her .... that oughta get it into the bedroom .

...... course you gonna hafta give up on the shelves though .

Jack

Whiterabbit
06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
and the section on the right would be given up for purses. haha.

Truly a his and hers cabinet.

FLINTNFIRE
06-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Looks good , buy it , give her the shelves and drawers . I have made 6 nail polish shelves for the wife along with a wood cabinet for her stuff , and in return I get to hang the rifles on the wall .
That is a great looking display and I bet it is priced accordingly.

Old Iron Sights
06-14-2013, 02:00 PM
I think it was about $1500. My guns are all in a safe. Not sure I'd go back to a cabinet but it would be cool.

fouronesix
06-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes that does look good- nice clean lines. Unfortunately comes from a bygone era. I guess it could still work in low fire risk setting and with beefed up security system- maybe in a very large walk-in safe/room. Some folks have them. If mine, I'd probably remove the green backing and replace with some thin wood paneling.

Dale in Louisiana
06-14-2013, 05:17 PM
A relic of a bygone era.

I grew up in a world where every house had a gun rack, usually with three guns, a shotgun, a .22, and a centerfire rifle, hung right there on the wall in the den or the living room. Gunracks and gun cabinets were the most popular projects for high school wood shop.

Of course that was in an era where people left their doors unlocked, all the neighborhood kids ran loose without mom and dad worrying about them getting into trouble and knowing if a kid acted up, one parent would report it to the other and the kid would get his butt waxed.

Oh, well...

dale in Louisiana

Epd230
06-14-2013, 07:23 PM
I remember the gun racks in the back window if pickup trucks. They always had a gun in them, and you know the doors were unlocked with the keys in the ignition or over the visor. No body touched them and no one shot up the schools or malls.

leeggen
06-14-2013, 08:48 PM
OOOOHHHHH for the good ole days of growing up hunting, fishing, iceskating. Beautiful gun cabnets full of great guns.
CD

LUCKYDAWG13
06-14-2013, 08:56 PM
yep the good old days santa brought me a gun rack for my room when i was like
10 years old had a 22lr /410 savage over under a remington model 66 and a newport
single shot 12ga on it

Artful
06-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I remember the gun racks in the back window if pickup trucks. They always had a gun in them, and you know the doors were unlocked with the keys in the ignition or over the visor. No body touched them and no one shot up the schools or malls.

Yep, and I miss those days.

blikseme300
06-15-2013, 09:06 PM
The good ole days... yep they are gone but we must never give up.

The problem with the nice cabinet is that the SWMABO (She Who Must Always Be Obeyed) will spot the new addition/s too easily. I like the anonimity that the safe doors offer. Any tips on how to explain the need for another safe?

Reloader06
06-15-2013, 11:06 PM
B300

They multiply left to themselves in the dark. That's why we take them out, oil them down, wipe them off, take them shooting. It's all in the name of Population control. Honest Honey.

Matt

bob208
06-16-2013, 07:03 AM
not big enough. and from lession learned in past a good gun safe is a better investment.

historicfirearms
06-16-2013, 08:33 AM
The good ole days... yep they are gone but we must never give up.

The problem with the nice cabinet is that the SWMABO (She Who Must Always Be Obeyed) will spot the new addition/s too easily. I like the anonimity that the safe doors offer. Any tips on how to explain the need for another safe?

My problem is my safe is FULL. If I get a new gun it's gonna have to go in the empty old gun cabinet. It will stick out like a sore thumb. Oh, the joys of married life.

Fishman
06-16-2013, 09:07 AM
yep the good old days santa brought me a gun rack for my room when i was like
10 years old had a 22lr /410 savage over under a remington model 66 and a newport
single shot 12ga on it

In some homes, the good old days are still here. The guns on the rack might be different but boys have not changed unless their parents ruined them.

Smokepole50
06-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Justification for additional safes...........Honey, my rifles are banging each other up every time I take one out and it reduces their value when you sell them at the auction after I'm dead.

No need to tell her that they multiply in close proximity. After you fill the second safe just show here how much they are now worth on GB.

Nickle
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
my wife would kill me if I put that next to the bed :D

My girlfriend would kill me too, if I brought one home. But, I doubt for the same reason. Mine would do it because it doesn't hold enough guns. Or ammo.

I love the lady, but there is a downside to living with a shooter. Many times, I can't buy just one, I've got to buy two, one for me, one for her.

Reloader06
06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
^
What a great problem to have!

Nickle
06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Well, I don't really consider it a problem.

Last gun we bought was for her. Winchester Model 70 Varmint in 243 Win. 65 vintage. When the barrel wears out, it's getting a Hart barrel.