PDA

View Full Version : Tall 50 cal can for shot tank

Single Shot
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Check this out. http://reloaders.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=4080#post4080

This can is twice as tall as a regular 50 cal can. It would make a great shot tank because it won't heat up as fast holding twice as much coolant.

avidtrapshooter
09-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I have the shotmaker itself pretty much made I just have to drill out the bolts to make drippers. Then I will be looking for an ammo can something like that to drop the shot into. We have big plans for something a little fancier but we want to make sure the dumb thing drops decent sized shot 1st. What is the depth of the regular ammo can? 7" or so?
How's the shotmaker coming?

Single Shot
09-26-2007, 12:44 PM
A regular 50 cal can is 7 inches deep. The tall version is 16 inches deep.

I have not had a chance to work on the shotmaker. Just spent a while in the hospital.

Doing better but still a little weak.

avidtrapshooter
09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Well it's good to hear you are doing better, I hope you continue to get better.
Zane

avidtrapshooter
09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Picked up 2 today, I don't know exactly what they were 50 caliber something 10 inches deep which I think should be sufficient. I made drippers today...HOLY SMOKES! I busted 6 #68 drill bits on 8 drippers. Maybe I shoulda went to grade 2 instead of grade 5 bolts, all I can say to any of you who want to make your own go really slow and go maybe an 1/8" of visible bit between the metal and the drill or it will more then likely break and back out often don't let it get hot or chances are it will break. I would suggest just buying them from littleton.