PDA

View Full Version : Lortone Tumbler

dragonrider
06-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Today while cruising Craigslist I came upon a Lortone Tumbler, R40 model. First thing I did was check Lortone's website and discovered that they get big money for these machines. I did not see this model but similar ones where $500 to $800. No phone # so I sent the email reply with my cell # never expecting to get a call back but lo and behold he called as I was on my way home from work so I went to look at it. And I bought it, $140.00. It is in excellent condition, does not appear to have had a lot of use. It came with a container of multi shaped ceramic media. It is out in the garage right now running with about 1500 9MM in it. It is so quiet. Here is a pic. The one gallon paint can is for scale. I think I am going to like this machine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/PaulGauthier/Rotating%20Tumbler/rotator_zpsfe5ddaeb.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PaulGauthier/media/Rotating%20Tumbler/rotator_zpsfe5ddaeb.jpg.html)

VHoward
06-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice find. Nice price also.

gunoil
06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
keep it inspected, keep the lube on, and get goop off of it with goof-off. Does it have rubber feet on it? I would use lemi-shine only from walmart, not so corosive. Feel the bearings with your fingers, make sure their moving smooth. Inspect motor and ya can put a timer on it from home depot or so. I use a lil' dawn and rinse tank with hot water. Keep a good plug end on it. You did good!

montana_charlie
06-12-2013, 10:52 PM
It came with a container of multi shaped ceramic media. It is out in the garage right now running with about 1500 9MM in it. It is so quiet.
Are you polishing the 9mm brass with the ceramic media that came with the tumbler?

Be advised that there are different kinds of ceramic media.

Some 'polish' metal ... some 'remove' metal.

CM

bobthenailer
06-13-2013, 10:27 AM
IT will last forever ! my QT-6 has been in contunes operation for over 35 years , with only a drive belt needing to be replaced once . about 4 years ago i picked up a lightly used QT-12 for $25.00 they go for about $200.00 new

blikseme300
06-13-2013, 06:18 PM
I am jealous of your good fortune...:groner: OK, I feel better now.:drinks: