PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Using Fiberoptic/Tritium Combo Sights?

fourarmed
06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I am thinking of upgrading the factory sights on my S&W M&P .45. I realize that items combining everything are usually not the best at anything, and I am wondering about the sights that combine both fiber optics and tritium. They sound great, but do they violate the KISS principle?

gofastman
06-13-2013, 11:23 PM
The only ones I know about are made by truglo.
All the truglo product I have tried have been ****! very low quality.

If you want a good set of sights, I REALLY like my Ameriglo I-Dot Pro's
http://www.ameriglo.net/sights

fourarmed
06-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks, gofastman, I have heard another comment or two along those lines since I posted the question. Now I have to decide whether tritium or fiber optic alone is what I really want.

I like your quote. I guess that finally settles any remaining question about who invented the internet.

gofastman
06-14-2013, 01:50 PM
If you go with fiber optic, I have had good luck with HiViz. I have no idea if they make sights for your gun though.

Clay M
06-14-2013, 02:21 PM
If you go with fiber optic, I have had good luck with HiViz. I have no idea if they make sights for your gun though.

I also use HiViz sights on several revolvers. I only like the green because my older eyes can't seem to pick up the red in some light conditions.

scarry scarney
06-16-2013, 07:01 PM
I have the tru-glo's. pro-I like how easy in daylight or night time I can see the sights. Con-I don't like how they sit above the slide, there is a space between that long sight and they slide that appears to be a weak point. Maybe it's shade tree gunsmithing or just not trusting the product, but I have injected using a syringe some J B Weld between the slide and the sights filling that gap. No problems so far. Don't use strong chemicals around the sights, the manufacture warns that it could melt the plastic rods..

NoZombies
06-17-2013, 02:00 AM
I've got a combo on my carry gun (sig P238) and I like them a lot. I've been carrying it daily for 2 years, and no issues with the sights at all.