PDA

View Full Version : Seaco lubrisizer

45 acp
06-12-2013, 06:33 AM
I am thinking about buying 1new. What do you think of them?

gunoil
06-12-2013, 07:10 AM
google magma star,, the company is in AZ. Great people. I ordered one .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n8NdY15RstE

Or you can add motor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXbLxgJnBnI

PbHurler
06-12-2013, 07:39 AM
I've used a Saeco for many years. I really don't have anything bad to say about them. I've done many thousands of handgun bullets, and hundreds of rifle bullets on a Saeco without a hitch. I still use mine, with a certain lube, set up for certain bullets.

In my opinion, you just can't beat a Magma Star for speed. I really love the Star's for sizing & lubing pounds & pounds of bullets. There's no need for a slew of different nose punches either!

Your budget may dictate your purchase. My Saeco was purchased from GAR Reloading years ago & I paid $107.00 for it. They're substantially more than that now. (what isn't)

Definately check out the Magma Stars though, I know you'd come away smiling if you purchase one.

bobthenailer
06-12-2013, 07:46 AM
after having lyman , rcbs & 2 saecos L/S . GET THE STAR/MAGNMA L/S . the price difference is not much higher than the saeco. I currently have 2 star l/s can easyly do 1000+ bullets a hour
The saeco might be a step above lyman & rcbs L/S in quality but the way they mount to the bench and the way they operate is aquard for me ! and no faster than the lyman or rcbs L/S and dies & top punches for the saeco are alot more expensive .

For the star you only need 1 top punch per caliber as you size nose first, the sizer dies are around $35.00 but the increased production is well worth the extra cost of the star equipment as well as they keep there value like dillon equipment does. you can sell used ones for around 25% less than the current new price.

Norbrat
06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
I have one and it works well, although I agree the ergonomics are not the best. I'm thinking of mounting it sideways so the handle can be pulled down like a Lyman/RCBS, rather than pushing down with your right hand.

I also found after long session, the skiny handle will hurt the palm of your hand, so I've glued a pool table ball to the end of the handle.