325 indirect heat 35 to 40 min

There not over done but the meat is tough

Any ideas

Thanks

williamwaco
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
35 to 40 minutes?

Yikes!

I am no expert but My wife says that is WAY too long.

DCP
06-11-2013, 07:16 PM
35 to 40 minutes?

Yikes!

I am no expert but My wife says that is WAY too long.

When doing direct heat 15 to 20 min ask her if this is what she is doing

325 indirect heat 35 to 40 min

The wings we cook are moist inside just tough

williamwaco
06-11-2013, 07:47 PM
She said not more than 7 to 10 minutes direct heat. ( Wings )

Many years ago I used to cook chicken a lot.
I cooked complete halves around 30 minutes.

frankenfab
06-11-2013, 08:25 PM
A meat thermometer is your friend. They have some nice analog one's in a two pack at Sam's Club.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/cooper-instant-read-thermometers-2-ct/161788.ip?navAction=push&mobileredirect=false

DCP
06-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the input
I thinking you guys must cooking a little higher temp

I found the following

Except when grilling whole chickens, it is important that chicken parts are cooked over steady, medium heat.
When using a gas grill, simply turn off one or two of the center burners to create a cooler section; place pieces there to keep warm after they are fully cooked.
To ensure even cooking and to prevent burning, grilled chicken should be closely monitored and turned often.
Chicken absorbs flavors readily, so it is perfect for marinating, adding spice rubs or brushing with a flavorful barbecue sauce.

Half Chickens:
Grilled chicken leg quarters make an impressive presentation, as do half chickens. They cook in about 30 to 35 minutes using indirect heat on the grill. Turn them often to prevent burning. Quarters should reach an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.

Chicken Wings:
Chicken wings make tasty appetizers and take about 10 to 15 minutes to grill. They should reach an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.

John Allen
06-11-2013, 09:14 PM
One other thing to do is a one hour brine solution. What you do is put the thawed chicken breasts in a zip lock bag with salt and cold water. The salt allows the chicken cells to absorb more moisture which makes for juicer chicken.