PDA

View Full Version : meaning of cast 50/50

beppe
06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
hello to everyone! not know much about the abbreviations used by you in this forum, I would like to know what is 'cast 50/50'. thank you very much and I apologize for my little English.

ciao a tutti ! non conosco molto le abbreviazioni usate da voi in questo forum ,vorrei sapere che cosa è ' cast 50/50'. grazie molto e mi scuso per il mio poco inglese.:lovebooli

Full Mold Jack
06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi beppe, your English is good.

50/50 means the alloy is made from 50% clip on wheel weights and 50% pure lead.

beppe
06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
thanks for the information, these days I will make a league like the one that's on the lyman book: 91-9, these are the only alloy that I can do (lead and tin).the cheapest price I've found is 1.8 € 1 kg of lead (the soft cartridge 12 gauge) and 38 euro 1 kg of tin.antimony have not been able to find it, and for that I use in rifle bullets, background already fired the bullets that I collect in the ground.

:cbpour:

grazie per l'informazione ,questi giorni voglio fare una lega come quella che c'è sul libro lyman : 91-9 ,queste sono le sole leghe che posso fare ( piombo e stagno).il prezzo più conveniente che ho trovato è 1,8 euro 1 kg di piombo ( quello morbido delle cartucce calibro 12)e 38 euro 1 kg di stagno.l'antimonio non sono riuscito a trovarlo,e per i proiettili che uso nella carabina,fondo i proiettili già sparati che raccolgo in terra .

mold maker
06-11-2013, 01:30 PM
You should be able to find Pewter at resale shops and such. Most good pewter is 95% tin. Just be sure its pewter and not a knock off alloy.
Also check auto radiator shops for their waste. The solder they use is high in tin.