PDA

View Full Version : My baby took her life today.

Thumbcocker
06-10-2013, 11:46 PM
My 21 year old daughter ended her life today. She was the greatest human being I have ever known. She had aspbergers syndrome but was the most compassionate human being I ever saw. She volunteered at my office two days a week and was attending community college and was on the honor roll.

For 21 years she made the world a better place just by being in it. She loved woods walks,her cat, animals, and her family. She was trying to find a career path and had not made up her mind yet. The most common phrase she used was " do you need any help with anything?"

I have to deal with the fact that I made the projectile that took her life. She was knowledgable about gun safety and we had shot at the range the Sundy before last.

The world has lost a great soul and her mother and I have lost our only child and a great friend. She and I often just sat in silence and enjoyed each others company.

I am posting this because you all are family. I am not a church going person buy I have seen God from a tree stand at sunrise and in my daughters electric blue eyes.

I will get by but please pray that my baby girl finds peace.

Andrew Mason
06-10-2013, 11:51 PM
i am terribly sorry for your loss.
i wont say "I feel your pain" or "I understand what you are going through"
because i dont, i am sorry. i am still a young man with no wife or children,

i pray that god gives you strength in this time,
and i also pray for the eternal peace of your daughter.

my final respects
andrew mason.

tg32-20
06-10-2013, 11:52 PM
My deepest condolences for you and your family.

Fishman
06-10-2013, 11:53 PM
I am so sorry. Prayers offered.

Frank46
06-10-2013, 11:56 PM
I cannot find the words to tell you how sorry for your loss. It saddens me deeply when we loose a family member her on this forum. More so when a family member here has suffered a loss such as yours. Frank

freebullet
06-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family sent.

338RemUltraMag
06-10-2013, 11:59 PM
May the Lords strength be with you, one father to another I will pray for you tonite. I am so sorry.

rockrat
06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
I am really saddened to hear of your loss. I hope you, your wife, and everyone who was touched by your daughter, will find peace someday.

35remington
06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. One of the questions one asks at a time like this is "why? What else could I have done?"

I am not sure there is an answer, except to know that you did what you could do. Sometimes another person's motives are unknowable. I have had friends that took their life, and I felt that there was more I could have done.....but I never had the answer as to what, exactly, would have made a difference.

There are some things past our understanding.

41 mag fan
06-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Oh my...I am sorry to hear for your loss. May God be with you and your family in this time of sadness.

bearbud
I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences for you and your family.

Bored1
I do not pray generally.

However you have my deepest condolences and I will say prayers throughout these trying times for you and your family. I will also ask that your daughter finds the peace now that she so desperately needs.

Hamish
06-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Many a night I contemplated what I would do if my boy ended up getting killed in the sandbox whenever he went. No one who has not lost a child can truly understand what you will carry, but know that there are many here who will be thinking of you and your family, many who will remember you, and your wife, and your daughter in our prayers. We are truly, truly sorry for your families loss.

broomhandle
06-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Hi Sir,

All the others have voiced anything I could add. We will pray for her & the family!

broomhandle

JeffinNZ
06-11-2013, 12:22 AM
I have to deal with the fact that I made the projectile that took her life. She was knowledgable about gun safety and we had shot at the range the Sunday before last.

Thumbcocker: Please do not think of this most terrible loss in those terms. You helped make HER. You helped make HER the wonderful soul you describe. SHE made her own decisions for whatever reasons. There are just some things in this life we have to accept and not necessarily understand. If there is anything you need just ask of the forum. Stay strong.

Alvarez Kelly
06-11-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. There are no words at this time. May you be able to find peace in the coming days.

jmort
06-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Brother it breaks my heart to read this. I have daughters but can't stand in your shoes. Time is the only thing that will ease, but not eliminate your pain. Will be praying for you.

hardy
06-11-2013, 12:32 AM
My commiserations to you and your family, so sad.
Mike

sljacob
06-11-2013, 12:33 AM
I am so saddened to read this, may you and your family find the strength to make it through this tragic time.
I believe that she is now in a better place with a host of good people to help her find peace with herself, be grateful for the time you had with her and remember the joy she brought into your lives.

pistolshooter
06-11-2013, 12:36 AM
I am very sorry for your tremendous loss. I can't imagine the pain you and your wife are going thru. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Recluse
06-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Had it not been a projectile, it would've have been pills, or a rope or something else. When whatever ill-fated reasoning force finally overpowers the will to live, the tool for which the deed is accomplished is no longer significant, only convenient. Please do not bear in any guilt for this tragedy, but instead revel in the blessed memories the two of you created and shared for the 21 short years our Lord gave to the two of you.

My heartfelt prayers are with you, your family and your daughter's soul tonight.

:coffee:

44Vaquero
06-11-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences for you and your family.

dromia
06-11-2013, 12:53 AM
My thoughts are with you.

bangerjim
06-11-2013, 12:56 AM
A parent should never have to bury their child. Deepest thoughts to you and yours.

God be with you and yours in this time of loss and rememberance.

Remember......as long as we remember, they are always with us.

bangerjim

Dean D.
06-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Words fail with a tragedy like this. I am deeply saddened and will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. We will be here for you if you need us.

Swamp Man
06-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss,My heart goes out to you and the family.

smoked turkey
06-11-2013, 01:32 AM
I want to add my condolences to those that have already posted. I just tonight saw this and it saddened my heart when I saw the first post. Losing someone close to you is a heavy load to bear. I am sure it is many times worse when it is your child although I have not walked in your shoes on this. I do know that God is able to give you peace and comfort when in the natural it is not there. I pray that in the coming days, months and years that you will find His peace that passes our understanding. You have many good memories of your time with her. Cherish those, and with prayers and time you will heal.

bushboy
06-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Recluse is completely correct in his response. You and your family along with your daughter are in our prayers tonite. May the Lord Bless you all with his Love.

BSalty
06-11-2013, 02:03 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort for your family will be offered tonight.

Driver man
06-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Kia kaha. Be strong. Out thoughts are with you.

429421Cowboy
06-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Wow. I cannot even imagine what your family is going through right now, I can only offer you prayers and the honest truth that if you need anything your Cast Boolits family can do to help I will do my part. I have lost two friends in the last week and that still does not compare to what you are going through. Prayers be with you and your family.

Bad Water Bill
06-11-2013, 03:38 AM
I truly feel your pain. It was just 2 1/2 years ago that I posted here about the loss of my daughter ending her short life.

Please remember THIS IS A FAMILY here. Feel free to contact us if we can be of any help in these trying times.

In the coming days keep all of the great times you had with your wonderful daughter foremost in your memory.

Many things in this world are not for us to fully understand,but to accept and say thank you for the memories.

olafhardt
06-11-2013, 03:45 AM
My wife of 45 years died suddenly and unexpectly last December 15. I tear up as I read and reply to this catastrophy of yours. I had to post it here because I knew these guys care. It helped. The pain was so bad and I think it will long linger. I am telling you this because when people who had been through grevious times told me of theirs it seemed to help. I still really hurt. God bless you and your wife.

Jupiter7
06-11-2013, 04:39 AM
Can't fathom the loss and pain your experiencing. But as a parent, I can sympathize. Prayers for you and yours.

Ajax
06-11-2013, 04:55 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. No parent should out live their child. Please take comfort in the fact that she is in the lords loving arms. I will say a prayer for your family and your daughter. My son has aspergers and there are time i worry about what you have experienced. Please if you need anything and i mean anything please know your family here will do what we can.

Andy

bear67
06-11-2013, 05:23 AM
I can not fathom the pain you and her mother are feeling. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Rejoice in the blessings of her short life

Pb2au
06-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Be strong my friend. My deepest condolences for your loss.

Lloyd Smale
06-11-2013, 05:29 AM
No words will help so ill just pray for you and for her.

WRideout
06-11-2013, 06:32 AM
God will see you through these dark days.

Wayne

clintsfolly
06-11-2013, 06:42 AM
My thoughts are with you and yours.Clint

Houndog
06-11-2013, 06:59 AM
I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through. May GOD comfort you and yours in this time of sorrow.

archmaker
06-11-2013, 06:59 AM
I cannot attempt to express in words anything that will lessen the pain that you must be going through.

All I can say, is what has already been spoken by other and by those who have read this post, that we are here for you . . . .anytime.

Jim
06-11-2013, 07:36 AM
My 21 year old daughter ended her life today.....I am posting this because you all are family.....

Thumbcocker, I'm sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I would have responded immediately.

You're absolutely right, we ARE family.

As was mentioned, there's no way I can comprehend what you're dealing with. I lost a brother-in-law in the same manner, but it's not the same as my child.

I'm searching for what to say here, but I know there's nothing I can say. All I can tell you is what others have said: We're here for you, brother.

Ramar
06-11-2013, 07:46 AM
I will pray for you and yours.
Ramar

PbHurler
06-11-2013, 07:48 AM
I really have no words, my deepest condolences to you & your family.

Wayne Smith
06-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Thank you for your courage in posting. Thank you and your wife for the creation and nurturance of such a beautiful soul. Recluse is right, the chosen tool is irrelevant at that point, they are almost interchangeable. Allow yourself to grieve and apportion responsibility appropriately. I'm sure that there have been very many decisions she had insisted on making against your advice in the past. She made the choice, you did not.

Bill*
06-11-2013, 07:55 AM
I lost a brother to suicide, even that doesn't compare. I have three daughters 28-34 and can't imagine the pain. I DO know she's with God now, That helped me a little and I hope it helps you. sincere condolences...Bill

pdawg_shooter
06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
I lost my wife in the same manner on Feb.19 this year. She was stricken with severe RA and COPD. Aft 38 years together it came as a huge shock, and filled me with remorse. You see, I was the one who taught her how to shoot. I know that without firearms in the house she would have found another way to do it, but it is still hard. I will get over it...someday...I hope. All one can do is keep on keeping on. God bless you and your little girl.

Don Purcell
06-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Words fail, prayers sent.

w5pv
06-11-2013, 08:00 AM
My prayers are for you and your family for your great lost of your daughter.

lka
06-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Wow I Couldn't imagine what you're going through. We will keep you in our prayers

Stonecrusher
06-11-2013, 08:03 AM
I can't imagine your loss, but the Lord can. My prayers go out for you and your family. I hope and pray you all find the peace you need.

Bo1
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
I find myself sitting here reading this with tears running down my face. I am heartbroken, and truly sorry for you and your wife's loss. Just know that your family here are some of the best people in the world, and if you need anything from any of us we will be here.
I will pray for your daughter's peace, even though she is in a better place now, and I will more importantly pray for GOD to give peace and healing to you and your wife.

Sincerely,
Bo

gbrown
06-11-2013, 08:19 AM
My heart is heavy and my prayers are with you and your family. A sad day for all of us.

Sweetpea
06-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Prayers sent.

Brandon

trapper9260
06-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Sorry for your lost .It gets me when someone take there life, but all we can do is surport there love ones . Think of the good times you had with them .My thoughts are with you and your love ones.

Gar
06-11-2013, 08:22 AM
You are in our prayers.

Cactus Farmer
06-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Prayers to you and your family.........

dragonrider
06-11-2013, 09:10 AM
My deepest condolences to your family.

Wis. Tom
06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
My heart grieves for you, as I cannot find any words to say, but only can pray for you and your family.

prsman23
06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Nothing I can say can help your pain, but look at how many friends, whether known or not came to give their condolences. We may not know each other but regardless we are all brothers in the struggle of life. I can only hope you and your family will make it through the next days, weeks, months and years knowing that she loved you. And that she knew she was loved.

WILCO
06-11-2013, 09:19 AM
We will keep you in our prayers

Ditto for me. Truly sad to read of such happenings.

blackthorn
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
There are no words that can or will express the sympathy that I feel for you and your wife! In 1988 my cousin, who was like my brother, took his own life. He was fighting a mental disorder and the system failed him. Time and Gods grace dulls but does not erase the pain. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers in this trying time.

H.Callahan
06-11-2013, 09:26 AM
wow.... just wow.

Like many others, I have no words. My sincerest condolences.

Larry Gibson
Your baby girl has found peace and is in the arms of the Lord. Find peace within yourself in the knowledge of that and that she lived her life well. My condolences to and your family.

Larry Gibson

jcwit
I can find no words to add. May God be with your daughter and your family in this time.

DCP
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
In this sad world of ours.
Sorrow comes to all.
It comes with bitterest agony.
Perfect relief is not possible.
Except with time.
You can not now realize that you will ever feel better.
Is not this so?
And yet it is a mistake.
You are sure to be happy again.
To know this, which is certainly true.
Will make you some less miserable now.
I have had experience enough to know what I say.

Abraham Lincoln

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Oh my, such a sad thing. prayers sent.

DeanWinchester
06-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Jesus, what good could a word from me do for you?

I am so sorry my friend. If you need anything, please, please ask.

square butte
06-11-2013, 10:02 AM
So sorry for your loss. I hope, when the time is right, that you and family will find peace about it. I will pray for her. And wish you God's grace and mercy in your grief.

tengaugetx
06-11-2013, 10:21 AM
There are no words, I can't possibly comprehend what you are going through.
Although your lives have been permanently changed time will make it better and God can help.
My prayers are with you.

EMC45
06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
This is heartbreaking and I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Rick Hodges
06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Prayers sent....I can't imagine the pain....but hope you find what you need.

Geraldo
06-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Many years ago a friend's son took his life. I can still hear the grief and pain expressed by his younger brother in the eulogy. I will offer my prayers for her and your entire family.

hicard
06-11-2013, 10:35 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing to have to go through.

mold maker
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
I too feel the bitter heartbreak of the moment. I also have provided the instrument used, in such a loss.
Please don't assume any guilt for involvement. For whatever the reason you aren't at fault. Allow the grief to escape, and once more hold her beauty in your heart. Prayers for you, your young daughter, and your family, are flooding Heavens gates.

alleyoop
06-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Sorry for your loss, my prayers are sent up for you and yours.

shooterg
06-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry is insufficient. My only child is a daughter with problems, but I can't imagine the world without her and the grandson. You loved her, she loved you - focus on that. Don't lay any blame on yourself. And you WILL see her again in the next life.

BW64
06-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I have been down your road once with my son. Thankfully he did not complete his mission. I feel your pain. No parent should have to bury a child. May your daughter rest in everlasting peace.

BW

gray wolf
06-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Prayers for you and the soul of your beautiful daughter.
This leaves me without words. What could I possibly say to make the pain go away ?
What I can say is I am truly sorry, and I pray for your family and you. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Sam C.

Nickle
06-11-2013, 11:24 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

I can tell you that I don't think she found peace, as I KNOW she found it. Her suffering from her ailments is over.

I'm not a religious man, so I don't pray. But, if you understand that, I'll tell you that you and yours are "in my thoughts".

Someone said we're all a big family here. I've found that to be true. So, that makes us all brothers and sisters, so to say.

Well, this brother has got your back, and we're all here to talk to as you need us.

TheCelt
06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I pray that God watch over you and your family as you deal with this tragic loss, and that he comforts your daughter in his loving embrace.

Smoke4320
06-11-2013, 11:44 AM
there are not enough "I'm sorrys" in the world to make the hurt go away.. but I will say it anyway.. please understand with all the posts here you are among friends..
Prayers to you for comfort and healing

felix
06-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Thumbcocker, the Lord must love you and your wife very much! ... felix

doctorggg
06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Your post just brought tears to my eyes. I just returned from MacDonalds where I talked for 90 minutes with 3 people about Jesus. Your daughter is in his hands right this minute. She has the ultimate "Peace."
We won't know why God allows these things to happen until we meet him. Do not feel guilty for making the projectile that took her life. It's all in "God's" plan even though we may not like it. I will pray for your family's loss in your time of need.

Be Blessed,
Greg

SP5315
06-11-2013, 12:04 PM

-Mischief
06-11-2013, 12:05 PM
So, so sorry to hear about this tragedy! I am a God fearing CHRISTian and have 5 awesome children and my biggest fear is to have to burry one of them before myself. I don't know you but that doesn't mean that I can't or won't pray for you and your family. A very good friend of mine who is somewhat of a father/big brother figure to me recently lost his youngest son (24) too and although absolutely devastating, even at the age of 55, it made him a better, stronger man, father, husband and friend to everyone around him. Hang in there, God always has a plan and he may bend us but he will never break us.

Prayers and thoughts to you and yours!

tomme boy
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
I hate hearing things like this. I am so sorry.

btroj
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
As a father of a 19 year old daughter I must say that words escape me. I won't say that I know how you feel because I don't.
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

mroliver77
06-11-2013, 12:19 PM
We lost our oldest a few years back. I kinda know where you are at brother. Get closer to your wife! She will be needing you badly!
I will pray to our Lord for all of you.
Jay

TenTea
06-11-2013, 12:22 PM
May the blessings be...

searcher4851
06-11-2013, 12:22 PM
You have my sincerest condolences. there are no words to heal your pain, and only time can lessen it.

somedude101
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
prayers sent

dbosman
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Please take care of yourself and your wife.

Thumbcocker
06-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Thank you all. I will try to post a few pictures later. She was physically and soulfully beautiful. My wife works in the public defenders office and I have been a prosecutor for 24 years. The legal and law enforcement communities have rallied around us. The ISP investigators swore that the autopsy would be carried out in a respectful manner with no audience.

At this point I am looking for purpose . Emily Hope was the 8 th generation to live on this piece of dirt. She promised she would never sell the farm. She was the last Fowler we are dying out. My life was to prepare her for life in the broader world and now that is off the table. I just learned that asbuergers kids are 28 times more likely to end their lives than average kids. I would have happily died trying to kill any threat to that girl but I couldn't kill the pain she was feeling and hid so well.
The most basic duty of a man is to protect his own and I wasn't able to.

scarry scarney
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Like the many others who have posted before me, I am at a loss for words other than thoughts and prayers.

LC Press
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Prayers sent...

Also, my nephew has asbuergers syndrome and this has shed light on the suicide rate. I am going to call my sister to discuss it tonight.

MBTcustom
06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
My daughter turned 4 last month, and my wife struggles with MS. The thought of what is reality to you, is like a knife in my heart.
I called them and told them that I love them.

For you sir, I think Recluse said it best.

As for me, I am so sorry for your loss and I will pray that the Lord brings healing to your shattered heart.
Be strong sir, my prayers are with you.

Love Life
06-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't know what to say. Being a father of a little girl, my heart is breaking for you. I will pray for you, your wife, and your daughter.

imsoooted
06-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Brother it breaks my heart to read this. I have daughters but can't stand in your shoes. Time is the only thing that will ease, but not eliminate your pain. Will be praying for you.

+1. We are so very sorry. We hope she is at peace

Down South
06-11-2013, 12:53 PM
I hate to hear something like this. I have a few family members who have lost children and I've seen from their experience that it is not an easy road to walk.
My prayers are with you and may the Lord give you peace and comfort.

Firebricker
06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss I will be praying for your family and friends. FB

DougGuy
06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Thumbcocker, the Lord makes a place for those who cannot continue to cope throughout their medical conditions, I do not believe they are judged in the same light as a completely well person. As specific and special as our challenges are, so is His acceptance of us when our time here is done.

My oldest son suffered from a brain tumor the size of a 1/4 pounder which did more to amaze the doctors that he survived to the age of 22 than anything else, and he could not control his moods, his anger, his thoughts, or his decisions. He had frequent seizures, and could not be around his younger siblings. The doctors could only throw up their hands, there was nothing more for them to do, and he ended his suffering on Florida 301 by running into the path of an oncoming truck.

I don't know if it was an act of bravery or if he was in the throes of one of his mood swings, I am thinking the latter, but his suffering ended that day in 1996. My youngest son shares the burden of loss along with me, and it took quite a while to find rest in knowing he is in a better place. May God grant you and your family the rest you will come to know, and the peace that comes with knowing your daughter is with Him..

FLHTC
06-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I was afraid to open this thread because for the split second of reading the title, i remembered how close i was to feeling the same pain and emptiness. I can't imagine being any closer to that grief than i was. My sincere condolences my friend. As parents, we never think of lying our children to rest during all the pleasure filled years of raising them. Be at peace just knowing that her parting is only temporary and that you'll see her again.

45 2.1
06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
My sincere condolences.

Honorstick
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
May the LORD stand beside you and your family during this great time of pain and give you strength to make it through to the end and may he take your daughters hand and take her home.

God bless you and yours
Bill

Reloader06
06-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Matt

Pb Burner
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
So sorry about your loss. Prayers sent for your family.

smokeywolf
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Hamish and Recluse said what I am feeling, and said it much better than I ever could. I'm so sorry for your loss.

smokeywolf

Recluse
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
The most basic duty of a man is to protect his own and I wasn't able to.

My friend, there are enemies of the physical realm in which we can--and do--fight. Sometimes we need to enlist the help of friends or of former comrades in arms to defeat such physical threats to our loved ones' safety and well-being. I have fought these physical forces in defense of my family, and likewise I have come to the aid of those who needed it to help them defeat the physical forces.

But the forces that lie beneath the surface of the physical are not able to be touched by us alone. In many cases, even the best of counseling, psychiatry and introspection will not push back the demon whose goal it is to destroy the physical manifestation of a loved one.

In those times, I lean heavily upon Jesus Christ and His father because the battle at that point is not one in which I can persevere with fists or clubs or guns. It is a spiritual battle and one for which none of us are as well equipped to engage in as our Lord. Evil may win the battle, but ultimately the Lord always and without fail wins the war.

I know you remarked in your first post to us that you are not normally a religious man but that you have seen the face of God from a tree stand and in the eyes of your beautiful daughter.

Do not despair. I have enough faith for not just myself, but for you and your daughter and your family as well, as do a great number of your brothers here in this extended family of yours.

Our shoulders are yours to lean on for as long as you need them.

:coffee:

farmallcrew
06-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Thumbcocker, Im very sorry to read that, your daughter sounds like an amazing person!!!!!

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this time of need.

Artful
06-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Condolences for you and your family from me and my family.

Prayers for all of you.

A parent should never have to bury a child, I'm so sorry for your loss.

waksupi
06-11-2013, 03:59 PM
So sad for you. Cherish her memory.

rking22
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I too, am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My daughter is 20 ,and I cannot imagine the pain you are suffering. Our prayers for all of you. She sounds like an amazing young lady.
Robert King

shooter2
06-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I am very sorry for your loss and we will pray for you and the family. You will not forget, but the burden becomes bearable.

GSaltzman
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Dale in Louisiana
06-11-2013, 05:22 PM
I lost a daughter under similar circumstances.

It hurts.

I am sorry for you.

Take care of yourself and those who knew and loved her

dale in Louisiana

ftut
06-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Condolences for you and your family, you are in my prayers.

archmaker
06-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Thumbcocker you cannot blame yourself, anyway or fashion for what happened. She had a chemical imbalance that caused her condition. And we still don't know what is all going on, and how the thoughts can get muddled because of that imbalance.

I hope one day we are able to figure out the right treatment to control the disease. So that no more of these wonderful people are lost to it.

We as men are left helpless and exposed when confronted with the effects of this disease. Someone attacks my loved ones I know I would fight with all I have, but a family member that is hurting inside, leaves us weak and floundering, so we blame ourselves for the failure to control something, that was never ours to control.

As stated by many of us on here and those that have viewed this thread your brothers and sisters are here if you need us.

smokemjoe
06-11-2013, 06:08 PM
You got my prayers also, I wish I could give my life to yous to keep her going, Joe

popper
06-11-2013, 06:14 PM
The most basic duty of a man is to protect his own and I wasn't able to No, guilt doesn't help any. We do the best we can and leave the rest up to God. You had 21 wonderful years with her and 21 years of memories. May God give you strength & peace during this painful era of your life.

scottiemom
06-11-2013, 06:39 PM
I am so sorry about the loss of your beautiful daughter. I can only imagine the wide range of emotions now and the time to come. Please know, as much as you would have liked to do, there was nothing you could have said or done to prevent this. it is not your fault. it is not anyone's fault. You and your wife are in my prayers. we are here for you.

oneokie
06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Prayers said that your daughter has found the peace she sought. Prayers also said for you and your wife and that the good Lord helps both of you get through this difficult time.

DLCTEX
06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I will keep you in my prayers brother caster, that is too tough.

firefly1957
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Prayers for you and the rest of your family.

OnceFired
06-11-2013, 07:20 PM
As a father, I can only symphatize with you - I cannot claim to have been through something so traumatic. I cannot imagine trying to process what has occurred in your life. I am so sorry for you & your family.

As many here have promised, my family will keep you & your family in our prayers. I've never met you personally, and I don't think we'd even had a chance to encounter each other on the forums previously. If anyone here can be of any assistance to you, I am certain they will do all they can to help your family.

Circuit Rider
06-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Thumbcocker, I do believe in the WORD of GOD. His thoughts are higher than ours could ever be, there are times as this when we don't understand why. It is my sincere belief that according to my understanding of the scriptures, the moment your Daughter stood before the LORD, she was accepted into HIS presence. Our prayers are with you, your wife and family. James

mhat
06-11-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be in prayer for you and your family. May you find Gods peace.

Mark

Lefty SRH
06-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I am so sorry, GOD Speed to you and your Wife!

leeggen
06-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I have 3 sons and can't imagine the pain of loosing one of my kids. Our thoughts are with youand you are not guiltty of any thing except loving her and having raised her with high standards in helping others.
CD

TXGunNut
06-11-2013, 10:36 PM
All I can offer is my thoughts and prayers. It's so hard to accept the things we cannot understand but I hope you, your wife and friends will do so, with time.

Heavy lead
06-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Sir, so sorry I have nothing else to say except I've prayed for you and your wife and share in your sorrow.
May she rest in peace.

RoyEllis
06-11-2013, 11:02 PM
This one of the few posts here that I've read in horror, my deepest sympathies and most fervent prayers will be with you and your wife. I can't say I know exactly what you're going through Thumbcocker but I do know the hardest thing I've ever done was to bury my eldest daughter. It's been 3yrs & hasn't gotten a bit easier for me, so I won't try to feed you that **** about time heals all etc etc.
It's gonna hurt, and hurt for a while.....but I'll be praying each & every day for peace and solace to find each member of your family and for angels to guide you all through the days, weeks and years to come.

Teddy (punchie)
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Praying for you and your wife, and family . Theodore

mnkyracer
06-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Condolences to you and your wife. My cousin took his life two weeks ago at 25. Remember the good times and don't be afraid or too proud to ask for help when/if needed. This is a family here, and family sticks together through thick and thin.

Eric

brassrat
06-11-2013, 11:58 PM
No doubt your girl is at piece now, brother, but we are all so sad to hear and all pray for your families strength.

smokey496
06-12-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm so very sorry.

flounderman
06-12-2013, 12:10 AM
sorry is one of the most inadequate words in the english language, but for want of a better word, sorry for your loss.

Alstep
06-12-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm so sorry for the tragedy you must endure. God's blessings to you and your family for the strength you'll need.

obssd1958
06-12-2013, 12:27 AM
I don't have any words that are capable of consoling you and your wife, but my heart breaks, and I weep, for the pain that you are feeling and the loss you have suffered.
I will pray for strength, peace, and healing for your family.

Don

TCLouis
06-12-2013, 12:35 AM
I to will say i can never tell you Ithat, "I know how you feel".

Heartsick pain I would guess.

I will say, that her goodness, and love, and joy can and will always live on in your heart and it sounds like that is what she would have wanted!

hithard
06-12-2013, 12:41 AM
My prayers and well wishes are with you and your family. Rest assured the lord is looking after her now. God bless.

Bzcraig
06-12-2013, 01:06 AM
I am so sorry.......just being able to post about it is healthy for you! May the Peace that surpasses all understanding be upon you and your family!

Copper75
06-12-2013, 01:14 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

We lost our oldest daughter in a car accident last October. It felt like I was punched in the chest when the trooper told me.
Prayer and family will help you get through.

Know that it IS NOT your fault! I've been LE for 25 years. If someone wants to do it they will find a way.

Prayers and condolences.

Copper

melter68
06-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Sorry for your loss, prayers and thoughts with you and your family.

21 years of memories, i am sure you will treasure them.

palabman
06-12-2013, 02:42 AM
Our prayers are with you... truely sad. :(

LUBEDUDE
06-12-2013, 04:44 AM
As a father of a Daughter of similar age, and one whom would shoot with me as well; I find my heart in heavy pain and have shed many tears for you my friend.

contender1
06-12-2013, 09:16 AM
For a parent to bury a child,, it's unnatural. When the child takes their own life, you really feel like you did something wrong.
I would venture to say in 99% of the cases,,, the parent isn't at fault in any way. Forget that she used your ammo.
Do not dwell upon "Why?"
Look back upon all the years you did have her with you, and smile at all the good memories. I know you have many by your post.
I buried a son whom I never got to know. Almost 21 yrs ago. I find myself reflecting & wondering how he would have turned out.
But I can smile,, for when we lost him, I just accepted that God knew best & figured a new angel in Heaven needed her own baby to care for. Maybe your daughter is the new angel that was sent to care for a recently lost baby.
Answers to questions will never come.
But PLEASE believe this. God does know best, and my thoughts & prayers are with you my friend. I hope my experience gives you thoughts & comfort.

beanflip
06-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Prayers for you and your family sent.

fecmech
06-12-2013, 09:54 AM
As I sit here thinking of your post I'm stunned by the terrible loss you and your family have suffered. I will pray that our Lord will give you the strength to get through this.

gunoil
06-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Christ took a likin to me a few years back, after watchin me for years. Iam sayin shes fine right now. Take care, we are not here very long. We are a big family.

Thumbcocker
06-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Thank you all for your support. We have read every post and every one is appreciated. Please visit the Emily Hope Fowler thread and see what a beautiful human being the world has lost.

No_1
06-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Prayers sent.

km101
06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I am so sorry for the loss and the pain that you are suffering at this time. Losing a child is one of the most heartbreaking losses that one can suffer. But you can take some comfort in knowing that she is at peace. I will pray that you and your family will also be able to find some peace despite your sorrow.

sparkz
06-12-2013, 01:46 PM
I am so sorry to learn of your Loss,
I lost my wife of 22+ years same way and theirs no words that anyone can say to put you at ease,
I can say with some time the hurt will lessen but will never go away,
Please talk to your family and it will help you at with this
and I can tell you many will say " I know how you feel" THEY DO NOT, and with gods help will never know..
I again can only offer what helped me and my kids, and it was our holding each other up
and trying to share our memory's of her, Hold family close, and Take all the time you need do not be rushed trying to get back on track,,
Time will be the only thing that can help,
I am so sorry and Our Family will Include her and your family in our parers
Pleas keep in mind it's no ones fault, least of all yours,
God Bless you and your family
I hope and pray for strength for you all at this time,

The World's a lesser Place with out her in it,

Patrick Campbell and Family
Keep strong and take time,

375supermag
06-12-2013, 06:24 PM
I can't imagine the pain you are enduring as I have never lost a child.
I know what it is to lose loved ones through suicide and the grief is mind-numbing.

I will pray for you and your family.

gspgundog
06-12-2013, 06:56 PM
I witnessed the pain my parents went through when they had to bury my brother. My father walked around for a week saying it is not right that a parent has to bury their child. It goes without saying that you and yours have been in my wife's and my prayers since I read the post. One thing that has always helped me is that I do truly believe that we go to a better place once we slip these mortal bindings. May you and your wife find some peace until you see her again.

troyboy
06-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I have no words for the sorrow. Wish I could help you in some way. I am just so sorry.......

GSRacer
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
I am saddened by what has happened and will pray that God will provide you and your family some form of comfort.

Greg

Bad Water Bill
06-12-2013, 09:10 PM
When I first read this it REALLY HURT.

Now I remember the trip with my wife from the south rim of the Grand Canyon to Phantom ranch and back in one day. upon returning home watching the original cast of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.

Then there was the trip with my daughter to N Minnesota. I drove all day and my daughter was sound asleep when we reached the camp grounds and finally found an empty camp site. I let Lara sleep while I put up the tent THE RIGHT WAY and put all of the gear in the tent. Woke up sleepyhead and she commented on how crowded the campgrounds were.

During the night a storm moved in and it seamed like I stood over her with a BIG towel to keep the moisture that was blowing THRU the fabric of the tent onto her for what seamed like hours to keep from waking her up. The lightning would have brought fear to many folks. In the mourning Lara woke up and commented on how quiet the camp grounds was considering all the tents she saw on her way to sleep.

We went outside and saw there were only about 4 of us with tents still standing and the rest were floating in the lake.

Yes memories are the things to cherish.

Yes I lost BOTH of them due to mental illness. Hold onto the wonderful memories as it WILL help ease the pain over time.

bayjoe
06-12-2013, 09:29 PM
My sincerest condolences to you and your family. You will be in our prayers.

LatheRunner
06-12-2013, 09:37 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

kartooo
06-12-2013, 09:41 PM
i'm very sorry. it must really hurt.

kbstenberg
06-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I am crying because I can imagine the pain that you and the wife are going through. Even though you may feel to blame. You had NO envolvement in the decision or the act! kevin

Liberty'sSon
06-12-2013, 10:01 PM
My deepest sympathies for you and your family. I pray that you all find peace through God's love.

Superfly
06-13-2013, 01:35 AM
I am at a loss for words, But i hope you can find peace with yourself and with your wife. A tragic loss endeed You and your family are in my prayers.

no34570
06-13-2013, 02:52 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss
I would like to give my condolences to you and your family,hang in there mate,your pain is felt with all of us,here on Cast Boolits.
So sorry!

lead-1
06-14-2013, 02:29 AM
Very Sorry and Prayers Sent. <><

Gelandangan
06-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Brother, my deepest condolences.
I cannot imagine losing any of my daughters.

Huskerguy
06-14-2013, 08:37 AM
As I read your post I am deeply saddened by your loss. My wife and I have worked with several families who have lost children. In addition, we have a 33 year old son who has Aspergers and it has been a struggle at times. My wife and I gave our hearts to the Lord many years ago when our son was born and it has made all of the difference in our lives. May you seek and find the peace, our prayers are for you and your family.

tanstafl10
06-14-2013, 10:22 AM
no words will do, but my thoughts are with you and your wife...
-
stay strong

dantoweed64
06-14-2013, 10:39 AM
My Sympathies! I do feel your pain. My wife and I lost a 28 year old daughter 4 years ago. Died in her sleep. Her loss, however sustained life for 7 others in need of organs. some, but little consolation. I can not imagine the loss of an only child. We had five, all close in age, and the loss for them was devastating. Like your daughter, ours was always smiling and helping others. What a loss! She has found peace, I suspect. So has mine. Prayers...dan

armedmoose
06-14-2013, 10:59 AM
My families thoughts and prayers will be of you and your family.

Sorry for your loss.

-armedmoose family in Iowa.

Brad Phillips
06-14-2013, 11:29 AM
I am sorry for your loss, I will pray for you and your family.

merlin101
06-14-2013, 01:25 PM
I can't understand the pain you must feel, Parents are supposed to go before thier children not the other way around.
I can only hope and pray for you.

abqcaster
06-14-2013, 01:28 PM
My condolences. God bless you and your family.

Gibbs44
06-14-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, prayers sent.

2HighSpeed
06-15-2013, 12:25 AM
I am deeply sorry for your loss. I haven't lost a child by this means but I have lost one. You will always ask yourself why. And it will always hurt, at first it will sting and ache and be almost intolerable. But it does get easier. The pain becomes a dull ache that only you can understand. Every night I look in the sky and take peace knowing my baby is seeing the same sky I do. I'm not a deeply religious person but I firmly believe in heaven and I believe god has a plan for us all. She was needed more up there then she was here. She lived her life on her terms, and she died on her terms as well. I will pray that you find peace and understanding. It's sad to see such a young life gone far too soon.

DoubleAdobe
06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
I am so, so sorry. May God give you and your family peace and comfort, my friend.

garandnutts
06-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Thumb....My heart went to my throat, but my prayers for strength and healing goes to you and yours...
Sincere condolences to you and your family.
Don

DRNurse1
06-16-2013, 09:41 AM
I stumbled on this today, a bit late but my prayers are no less heartfelt. "There are no words to assuage your loss,...." but my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Jeffrey
06-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Prayers of healing for all involved.

victor3ranger
06-16-2013, 03:33 PM
I am sorry for your loss, no parent should ever have to go thru loosing a child. I lost a son several years ago and I can attest that the pain is huge.

Talk it out with us, friends help us get thru these things.

gritsngiggles
06-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Surely her kindness has rubbed off on all of us through your words. We will all see the world a little differently now. My deepest sympathies, Grits

P.K.
06-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Been there done that doesn't say enough. Dude, it sucks....will always suck. life goes on, so will you.

bakrzdzn
06-21-2013, 01:31 AM
I too am sorry for your loss, There isn't much I can add to what others have said, and I did not read all other posts, but it has been said that those that pass on will live on in our memories.

Forty Rod Ray
06-21-2013, 08:34 AM
What hurts you, hurts us all....Heaven is a better place...

timberhawk
06-22-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I have a daughter myself. Though we feel as fathers, it is our job to comfort and protect them, we are only human and can only do our best. You cannot blame yourself. I'm sure you gave her the most wonderful life you could.
Just remember, as you her father love her and would comfort her, God, our Father also loves her and will comfort her in ways we as fathers cannot. She is happy and safe and comforted by Him and free of the things she struggled with here on earth.
Richard

castalott
06-22-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't have words that can help but I do have prayers....Prayers for her peace and God's love for you all....I can't imagine your hurt...I can only pray...Please join in with all of us here praying for her and you....Dale

cf5757
06-23-2013, 01:38 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I have two daughters and the very thought of losing one of them tears my heart in two. No matter how old they are they will always be my "baby". I cry with you today. I know that she has entered into the wonderful peace of the world which is to come and there she suffers from nothing! But I also know that the pain of loss is no less for the belief. Please know that I stand with you when you cannot stand alone. I cry with you so you do not cry alone. I smile with you when you remember the happier days of her days with you. Most of all, know that you brothers and sisters who care and support you even if we have never met in this life. Be comforted, receive peace, live as she lives through your memories and in your life ..

Ken B
06-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Sorry for your loss................Prayers your way.

bstarling
06-23-2013, 08:15 PM
My heart goes out to you, your wife, and you child. I have lost a daughter and in my own way, can feel your pain. I always found solace in knowing that He who made us will take care of us. I pray you and your loved ones remain in God's hands now and always, amen.

Bill