PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to T/C

tg32-20
06-10-2013, 10:03 PM
I bought a very old T/c barrel some time ago and just got around to using it, 30 Herrett.

When I put it into the frame, it had a broken locking bolt. I thought I was really screwed by the seller but gave T/C a call. I talked to a very nice lady named Sheri Lee and was told that I could send it back to get fixed. She informed me that if I needed it right away that they could send me a FedEx label for next day shipping. I was not in any hurry so she sent me a prepaid label for ground shipping with FedEx, no charge to me. Two and a half weeks latter, including the 8 days of shipping, I received the barrel back fixed with a new barrel locking bolt. No charge to me, for shipping or repair! I would have been very glad to pay for the repair and shipping.

That is what I call excellent customer service!

Thanks very much to T/C

Tom

nagantguy
06-10-2013, 10:13 PM
They have always treated me good on customer service as well, one time they even shipped me two replacment fiber optic sights at no charge.

MaineJim
06-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Just so I know in the future ,cause I own a couple of Contenders.Who did you call ,since TC was bought by Smith and Wesson a while back and they no longer manufacture Contenders.
I assume you called Smith and Wesson?

Tatume
06-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Just so I know in the future ,cause I own a couple of Contenders.Who did you call ,since TC was bought by Smith and Wesson a while back and they no longer manufacture Contenders.
I assume you called Smith and Wesson?

Tom,

Please post the information for all, others need it as well.

Take care, Tom

tg32-20
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
I just went online at T/C aka now S&W, found customer service and called the number listed. 1-800-331-0852 or 1-866-730-1614

It takes a little time with the automated phone messages but you actually get to a real person pretty quickly.

Very pleasant and helpful people to deal with.

Tom

dale2242
06-12-2013, 06:21 AM
I have always had the best customer service from TC.
Back in the 80s, they replaced a worn out frame at no charge to me.....dale

milkman
06-12-2013, 08:17 AM
I have to agree with great service from T/C. I had a Hawken muzzleloader that was completely shot out after over 20 years of black powder. I called to ask how much they would charge me for a new barrel, their only answer was to send it back to them. I hated to send it, not knowing how much they would charge but that was the only reply I could get. I sent it back and they shipped me a new barrel, plus a new lock and a letter scolding me for abusing the old barrel. (it was ringed) and informed me that since I had it drilled for scope mounting I had voided the warranty..... but NO BILL.
Milkman

Ben Dover
06-12-2013, 10:32 AM
If they would just send the parts--no charge---they could avoid paying the shipping. They would still come out ahead. This kind of thinking cannot help in the long run. Most of us can operate a roll pin punch and a brass hammer. A benefit is that we aren't without the barrel two weeks. Ben

leadman
06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
They will still just send the parts as I have gotten an Encore locking lug and springs for 3 Contender frames.

tg32-20
06-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I was told that no more parts for any Contenders will be sent out anymore. They are quite willing to fix whatever is wrong with them but it all has to be done in house from now on.
I do not know if this applies to any other of their products or not. If they are willing to pay shipping both ways, I am willing to be without for a few weeks.

Tom

cheetah
06-12-2013, 10:14 PM
The chat feature has worked well for me for parts - very fast service from knowledgeable reps. I can see them wanting to keep a lid on liability, given the ocean of junk floating on eBay.

MaineJim
06-13-2013, 04:17 AM
Thank you for the information Tom.
MaineJim.