PDA

View Full Version : GI 45, pick-up today

PDshooter
09-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Got this boy Saturday from a kitchen table dealer who retiring to FL. Pistol,hoster,and the ammo........$350 out the door....I jumped at this!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/PDshooter/Guns/06001-2.jpg
The original owner was a fly-boy during WWII, he brought it back with him. And traded it. I would have NEVER traded a gun that I carred during the war.:confused:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/PDshooter/Guns/06002-1.jpg
I shot some of my H&G68 with 5.3gr of W231 through it today...It just feels good owning something with history.

45nut
09-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Now thats a treasure. Congrats on that find.

DanWalker
09-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Great Find!!!

Lloyd Smale
09-24-2007, 07:26 AM
WOW! you got yourself about the steal of a lifetime there.

Char-Gar
09-24-2007, 08:24 AM
I am sorry the old boy felt the need to sell it, when he had held on to it for so long.

I am glad, it fell into the hands of someone who would appreciate and care for it.

If possible go back and get a notarized statement from him about the pistol's, history.

PDshooter
09-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I am sorry the old boy felt the need to sell it, when he had held on to it for so long.

I am glad, it fell into the hands of someone who would appreciate and care for it.

If possible go back and get a notarized statement from him about the pistol's, history.

In someways I wish I could! but he might get "Freak-out".......In illinois (PRI) this state has some of the "WORSE" gun laws on the books. This was a "Warm smile&Cold cash" deal!:roll:

9.3X62AL
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
THAT is a genuine treasure, sir. If you don't mind sharing the info, which maker built it?

schutzen
09-24-2007, 11:57 AM
That is truly a treasure, but it is also a sad commentary on our times. You have a gentleman who was a flyer of the "greatest generation" and none of his descendants would cherish his pistol as a remembrance of him and his part of history? My father was a gunner in a B-17 and if he had a pistol he brought home it would never leave my family. I do have his silver flight wings framed in along with mine and my son's silver blood wings. It is truly sad that his family does not remember and honor his service to our country.

Lloyd Smale
09-24-2007, 01:04 PM
same thing happened yesterday. I was sitting around the buddys gunshop. Its out of his home so its open everyday. We were having coffee and a guy brought in a luger with a matching holster that his grandad brought home from the war. I about wanted to kick the guys ass!!

PDshooter
09-24-2007, 07:07 PM
THAT is a genuine treasure, sir. If you don't mind sharing the info, which maker built it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/PDshooter/Guns/06005-2.jpg

Charlie Horse
09-24-2007, 08:36 PM
In someways I wish I could! but he might get "Freak-out".......In illinois (PRI) this state has some of the "WORSE" gun laws on the books. This was a "Warm smile&Cold cash" deal!:roll:

That's how I got my S&W chiefs special. Older gent at an Illinois gun show sold it to me, $200 cash. No paperwork. It's in great shape. I'm glad I got it instead of someone who wouldn't care for it. As soon as I paid for it I was "out the door."

Bad Water Bill
09-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Just think what will happen if her majesty or the one that was elected to 2 senatorial positions and before the end of 2 years in either office was running for something else ( both of them are from the Worst state ) gets elected BWB :castmine:

9.3X62AL
09-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank you, PD! Just a great pistol, in so many ways.

rockrat
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Should be a sweet shooter. Inherited Dads Remington (been nickle plated) that he carried as an aircrew during Korea. He had one of the 38's but must have gotten rid of it(traded), cause I still have a few of the issue 38's in a cloth pouch.

Dad's Remington shoots circles around the Springfield I bought last Summer.

Glad someone has it that can appreciate it. Maybe you can talk to the guy and get his story. That way you know its history and nothing is in writing.