PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Pro 2K AO

dek
06-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Just finished setting up my Pro 2K loading .38spl using #6 shell holder and cannot seat primers deep enough. Adjusted stop all the way and still not seated below pocket and just at flush or a hair higher. I'm using Tula sm pistol and the same primers load below pocket on my "rock chucker" and "Green Machine". I bought the Pro 2K to replace the "GM". Another issue deals with the APS priming system. I've destroyed two strips, so far. The strips sometimes do not advance enough that the primer punch begins it's ascent before alignment and pushes half the primer and strip material up thereby jamming the system. I've called RCBS and they can't help solve the problem except by sending some replacement parts which do not solve the problem with the inconsistent indexing. It appears the shell plate has enough play when priming that the primer is just a tad high or sometimes flush and the shoulder bolt is tight and bottomed. I can't get any consistency. The cases are clean and I've tried cases which have been decapped and the pockets cleaned and still obtain the same result. I installed another small primer plug assembly with same results. This is frustrating. Methinks I should have gone "blue".