PDA

View Full Version : Is there a trigger adjustment for new 700 rem adl?

USMC87
06-09-2013, 04:45 PM
73200732017320273203I recently got a new Rem 700 ADL in 308 Win, I took the stock off to find there are no screws to adjust creep and travel. I think this trigger is a new feature, It's not too bad but I'd like to be able to tweak it a bit. Any help or advice? OK guys, There looks to be some type of adjustment screw in the back and front of the trigger. Any thoughts on which is what?

Nobade
06-10-2013, 08:50 AM
That is odd. I cut up brand new Rem 700s every day to build custom rifles and have never seen one without adjustment screws. Often the screws are covered with epoxy and hard to find, are you sure this is not the case with your rifle?

-Nobade

waksupi
06-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Could you give us a picture of the trigger? If they changed, I would really like to see what they are. There is surely an adjustment in some way.

USMC87
06-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I put the pictures up so maybe you guys could give me a little guidance.

Nobade
06-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Yep, the screws are there. They are just covered in epoxy/sealer. You will likely be able to move the trigger return spring screw (front, lower) but the sear engagement will likely need a torch to loosen the thread locker. You use a 1/16" hex key on both. Don't mess with the aftertravel (front, top) screw or the safety won't work afterward. Be careful and don't set the sear engagement too light. You must test it thoroughly by slamming the bolt closed and make sure it won't fire before it ever gets loaded, OK?

-Nobade

USMC87
06-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Yes Sir, I have done some BDL's but the screws were in a different place. I appreciate the help.

Lights
06-10-2013, 10:49 PM
My son's new 700 sps has a set screw in the trigger that takes an allen wrench. When we changed the stock I do not remember seeing the screws that you are looking for.

Nobade
06-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Yes Sir, I have done some BDL's but the screws were in a different place. I appreciate the help.

No, those screws are in the same place. Front top is aftertravel, bottom front is trigger return spring, and rear is sear engagement. They just look different and are covered in epoxy.

-Nobade

Nobade
06-11-2013, 07:55 AM
My son's new 700 sps has a set screw in the trigger that takes an allen wrench. When we changed the stock I do not remember seeing the screws that you are looking for.

That one is different from the one in the pictures. Well, sort of. It is really the same except the trigger return spring in yours is much lighter and they added the one in the trigger blade. But all the screws are in the same place. Yours requires a different technique to fix but it's not the one we're looking at here.

-Nobade