PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Damaged In Shipment

CENTEX BILL
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Fellows:

I need some advice. I bought a used 94 Marlin rifle in 32 mag and it was shiped through a FFL dealer to my dealer. My dealer called me Friday and said the rifle had come in but it had a broken stock. Appartently it packaged well in bubble wrap and the box look like it had a tire print on it.

The carrier (which will not be mentioned but is headquarted on a city on the Mississippi river in the mid south) is to sent out an inspector on Tuesday.

I WANT the rifle. My posiiton that the carrier should pay for the rifle to go back to Marlin to be restocked and checked out. Is this a reasonable stance??

In no way do I hold the seller or either FFL dealers in blame but I don't want to be stuck with a damaged rifle when I paid a far price for it

Let me know what you think.

Centex Bill

Johnch
09-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Good luck

I know someone that bought a $1400 fly rod and had it shiped
It was shiped in a Alumin tube inside of a heavy cardboard tube
They some how put a 90 degree kink in the tubes
Took him 18 months and a lawer to get the shipper to pay for the dammage

John

dubber123
09-23-2007, 09:51 PM
GREAT! I just shipped out my Freedom Arms .475, and a custom barreled Contender. I have put this off for years for fear of exactly what you are describing. I'll sleep well tonight.

PatMarlin
09-23-2007, 10:59 PM
That sucks.

Marlin factory wood is the ONLY answer. I have had no luck ever collecting a claim from UPS and will not ship a firearm or anything else of value with them.

Nowadays believe it or not, I think the safest and best shipping for guns is USPS.

Junior1942
09-24-2007, 08:09 AM
I once had a nice side income selling the take-apart campfire cooking tripods I wrote about on my web sites. However, about 1 in 4 tripods arrived damaged even though I spent more time packaging them for shipment than I did in making them. This via UPS and USPS. I stopped selling them when I realized I was getting around $5 per hour for my labor.