PDA

View Full Version : Digitize your Cabine tester!

bangerjim
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Got my Cabine recently and just love it. But I hate reading analog dials anymore, what with all digital tools I use for just about everything in the machine and wood shops.

So........................................I put a Harbor Freight 1" travel digital dial indicator on it in place of the analog one it come with.

Love it! Now when the chart says ".068" you will see ".068" on the digital dial.

Costs about $30 without the standard always-avaialble 20% or 25% discount coupon.

Worth every penny. Uses one of those cheap little watch batteries I get at the dollar store in packs of 8. Battery lasts a long time. Even come with a couple.

Have fun!

bangerjim

GLL
06-09-2013, 02:57 PM
I am off to Harbor Freight ! :)

Thanks for the great info ! I dropped an ingot on my old original just last week so this will be the replacement .

Jerry

el34
07-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Too bad a person couldn't get inside the firmware (software) and have it read out in BHN! It'd only take 1-2 lines of programming.

I'm planning to print the conversion chart in the right shape to directly attach to the tester, facing me, so all it takes is for me to redirect my eyes. I'm just that lazy.

Buzzard II
07-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Great idea! Bob

harley6699
07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
what a great idea.. how do you hold it to the support that comes with the tester?.. mine has a fitting on the back so you can tighten down a nut..