PDA

View Full Version : kano labs- what about their other products?

cloakndagger
06-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Ive been using Kano Kroil on molds and for cleaning for a couple of years, and since I was starting to run low I decided to visit their site to replenish my stock. They have my kriol and aerokroil, but what about their other products? Do any of them have a place on your cleaning bench?

Microil- advertized as purified kroil for precision instruments, also advertized for firearms..

Pyrolube- high temp lube, would this have a place in semi auto firearm actions?

Silicroil- used to use a silicone rag for wipedowns, might this work as well?

Penephite- im guessing this is a kroil+graphite lube, will it work on actions or gum them up?

Havent ordered my kroil yet in case I want to get some of the other stuff. They also offer free samples, but i kinda feel guilty getting something for free...

gofastman
06-15-2013, 09:18 AM
I like Silikroil, It fills the same role as the original stuff, but it works a little better I think.

Penephite is a great lube! especially for car door hinges. its a black liquid though and makes a big mess. I dont think is the same formula as kroil because it smells diffrent

Molyfilm is like a spray paint, smells toxic as hell and is an ok lube, Seems to work well on brake caliper hangers, the part the pad touches/slides on.

Weatherpruf, as far as I can tell is Alox in spray form, maybe a good bullet lube???
very similar to Amsoil MP HD

Dryball
06-16-2013, 12:46 AM
their rust remover is good but it takes off bluing off right now. The glass concentrate works great as well. I think if it's made by Kano Labs it's gotta be good. Heck, if it wasn't so toxic I'd put it on bread and eat it

EMC45
06-17-2013, 12:34 PM
I get the newsletter in the mail and have read all the benefits of all their other products. I stopped at Kroil. It has done everything I have ever wanted it too. The last can I had lasted 8 years. It was the little can. I used it on everything too. I just ordered 3 more cans about a year ago so I am set for Kroil probably for the rest of my life.