PDA

View Full Version : Hi Power Guru needed. Fitting Hi Power slide stop to FEG P9M

yotatrd4x4
06-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Ok I picked up a pre owned P9M in almost new condition. Traded an old 30-06 I didn't need for it since I knew the owner and knew that he only put 10rds thru it when he got it. Anyhow it is one of the early P9M models that still uses the browning cam system, not the S&W setup of later models. It does have the extended slide stop and the extended safety which is nice but I want to ask one question. I heard that I can file my slide stop notch to match the original browning style notch and use the browning style slide stop. I need to get the dimensions of the original browning spec slide stop so I can fit the new slide stop. Now I also am just anal I guess and want the original style slide stop just because it makes the FEG P9M as close as it can be to the original browning pattern. I know it won't have the cutout on the other side for the ease of pushing out the stop but that's ok with me. Do any of you know how to do this? Or have you done it. I'm not new to fitting small parts just new to the Hi power bug and have never had the extra coin to buy a true FN or Browning but will in the future if I end up liking this guy. Anyhow thanks in advance