PDA

View Full Version : Plug Spout on Lee Pot

Rich22
06-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Good evening

I would like to temporarily plug the spout on el dripomatic, does anyone know a relatively easy way to do this?

Thank you

Vinne
06-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Anything you use to plug it may make your pot no longer bottom pour pot and could damage the spout to the point that you wish you could go back to a small drip spout. I got mine already plugged and was told to never try to go back for fear of damage to the point of no return. I just went ahead and got a bottom pour to play it safe.

You can try again to fix the spout, plug it up and never go back or get a dip only pot and have two to work from. Does someone else have experience with this??

376Steyr
06-06-2013, 05:38 PM
I rigged up a nut, bolt, and a cupped washer to make an adjustable leg that I shoved under the spout, with a little tuft of non-flammable insulation to as a cushion between the new leg and the spout opening. Worked fine, no damage to the spout opening.

Mk42gunner
06-06-2013, 11:26 PM
My 4-20 would drip slow enough that it built the drip art up to self limit while I was ladle casting. No mods to the pot, and if I wanted to bottom pour, all I had to do was pull the drip art plug away from the spout.

Robert

snuffy
06-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Good evening

I would like to temporarily plug the spout on el dripomatic, does anyone know a relatively easy way to do this?

Thank you

Which one? I know the pro 20 can be re-done by you at home, simply by ordering a new spigot. While you have the order form open, get a new valve pin.

I just re-built my older pro 20, got the whole metering assembly. The threads on the bracket were worn to the point they allowed the valve stem to jump-the-groove. The scramble to put 3-4 ingot molds under it as it emptied would make for a good you tube chuckle video.[smilie=1:[smilie=2:

myg30
06-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I would cut a wood dowel, lead pencil to fit under it snug. You can always dump out the lead, clean all the crud out of it and clean the spout and rod. That should fix the dripping till more crud get in there.