PDA

View Full Version : A New Turkey Gun

KCSO
06-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Had a fellow come in the other day and he wanted a new shotgun for turkey hunting. Showed him a Mossy Turkey special 24" barrel screw in chokes ect and he started slobbering and came back and traded in a Wards 30/ Stevens 520 and a wad of cash for the Mossy.

So I got to looking at the Stevens, a solid steel take down shotgun with about 90% of the original blue and a nice tight action...HMMMM Turkey gun???

I lopped the barrel to 24" and put in screw in chokes, $85.00 added to the $90 trade in price. Then I drilled and tapped the front of the magazine tube and added sling swivels and a sling, another $25.00. Put a new bead on the front at the cost of $5.00. I didn't have the heart to cover up that nice walnut stock and fancy blue job but another $5.00 would paint the gun camo and there is the turkey gun for less money that he paid to boot on a plastic stocked, plastic and aluminum Mossy. And with a I/C choke a pretty good riot gun to boot

" ...these are simple people, the common clay of the new West... you know, morons..."

Some folks just don't appreciate what they have.

gunauthor
06-06-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm currently working on a Stevens 520. It was pretty sorry when I got it, but will look fine one of these days. Mine will be a turkey/giant pumpkin ball gun, more for fun than anything else. Could come in handy for home defense too (guaranteed to shoot "minute of burglar").....