PDA

View Full Version : Ammunition Making by George E. Frost

possom813
06-06-2013, 05:05 AM
http://www.ebooks-bar.com/ammunition-making-an-insider-s-story

Can be downloaded here, it takes about 20 minutes...

Your welcome :lol:

dbosman
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the link.
Some folks might want to know that they require you install a download manager to download though.
Many of those come with adware. I won't know about this one.

possom813
06-06-2013, 07:04 PM
It didn't require me to download anything additional, not that I'm aware of, I saved the file and opened it with adobe and then saved it on a separate drive.

destrux
06-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Click the first download link then choose regular speed. Then you don't need to enter any CC info or download anything extra.

offshore44
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
My anti-virus just went nuts on that file. Be careful, and aware.

MtGun44
06-07-2013, 01:58 AM
No way to get past them wanting to put software on my PC. Not happening.

Bill

kevindtimm
06-07-2013, 09:14 AM
No way to get past them wanting to put software on my PC. Not happening.

Bill

Click the first download link then choose regular speed. Then you don't need to enter any CC info or download anything extra.

MtGun44
06-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Not true. I did exactly what you said. Then I clicked each link, tried fast or regular,

ALL insisted on loading a manager, I declined. I bet you already have one installed.

Bill

mikeym1a
06-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Not true. I did exactly what you said. Then I clicked each link, tried fast or regular,

ALL insisted on loading a manager, I declined. I bet you already have one installed.

Bill
Had the same problem. Got my smart son to look at it. Those download links are adware, you don't have to use them. Further down the page is a continue button. They will want you to buy their highspeed download service, but, you don't have to. Just choose regular speed, and it downloads at about 47kps, and takes about 40 minutes. I fought with it for several hours before I turned it over to my son. He found the solution in about 5 minutes. Glad I have a young, agile brain available...:D

nhrifle
06-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I got my copy from Scribd. Just go to their home page and search for the title. No software updates or modifications needed.

jonp
06-07-2013, 09:13 PM
go to the links and wait until they read 0 and hit the first download link "deposit files" at the top of that screen there is a box that says "please wait 5 sec, wait 4 sec...let it go to 0 sec and hit it "skip ad" to move on and you will come to another screen. Hit the regular download speed on the right NOT the gold on the left. You will come to another screen that has a little dial on it and it will make you wait 1 minute. Just hang for a minute till it hits 0 then click on it and then type in the weird captcha words like on checking account sign in's etc..click on the regular download speed and choose where to save the file and start it up. On my Firefox at the very top right there is a little button that gives the download time.
All of this is standard stuff to get you to watch the ads. You have to ignore it and look for the little things on the screen for clues as to what to do.

Mine downloaded in about 5min. My Norton 360 or Spysweeper didn't pick up anything and they have never failed me.
The file downloaded great into my download folder and is a nice read. Thanks for the link.

NEVER DOWNLOAD ANYTHING WITHOUT VIRUS SOFTWARE LIKE NORTON UP AND RUNNING AND IF IT SAYS STOP THEN DO IT AND BAIL
NEVER DOWNLOAD ANY CODEC OR READING SOFTWARE. THIS WILL GET YOU IN MAJOR TROUBLE. IF YOU CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING WITHOUT GETTING PAST THIS THEN DO NOT DOWNLOAD

mikeym1a
06-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Whilst looking for this book and others pertaining to cartridges and primers, I came across another older one. 'Cartridge Manufacture' by Douglas T. Hamilton. It has a 1916 publication date. I haven't read it yet, but, it covers all of the aspects of cartridge manufacture, including primers. It was a free download. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found it. Spent the time to print it out. Just me, but, I feel more comfortable with the printed page.

Norbrat
06-10-2013, 07:56 PM
I got my copy from Scribd. Just go to their home page and search for the title. No software updates or modifications needed.

+1

Worked great!

M-Tecs
01-30-2022, 06:57 AM
Available here for free https://ia801603.us.archive.org/28/items/AmmunitionMakingNRAByG.Frost1990/Ammunition%20Making-NRA%20%20by%20G.%20Frost-%281990%29%20_text.pdf

GhostHawk
01-30-2022, 07:55 AM
Thank you M-tecs!

What part of Minnesota?

M-Tecs
01-30-2022, 05:49 PM
Thank you M-tecs!

What part of Minnesota?

North side of the cities

Martin Luber
01-30-2022, 06:27 PM
Fantastic book! Back when the NRA was a real National Board.

ACC
01-30-2022, 07:08 PM
http://www.ebooks-bar.com/ammunition-making-an-insider-s-story

Can be downloaded here, it takes about 20 minutes...

Your welcome :lol:

Go here to get a copy with no viruses or required downloads.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Ammunition+Making+by+George+E.+Frost+

ACC

M-Tecs
01-30-2022, 08:15 PM
If you want a hard copy of this book Amazon has a new one for $1,500.00 and used prices starting at about $400.00

kevin c
01-31-2022, 12:06 AM
Oh my. I had no idea that my copy was worth that. IIRC, I got mine at the NRA museum many years before the OP. An entertaining and informative read.

alamogunr
01-31-2022, 12:35 PM
The book is interesting but not something I want to read in depth. The processes involved in producing ammunition, especially the case, are very similar to the things I encountered in my working life. Not similar to the point of materials used but the equipment. Younger readers may be put off by the dated photos included but they are accurate as far as I remember. Punch press work can be a dirty process. I worked as a manufacturing engineer with an automotive supplier early in my career. This was in the 60's & 70's. When basic process don't change, equipment(punch presses) are often rebuilt if they still serve the requirements of the product. One big change is in machining. Everything has moved to computer programmable equipment for increased production and improved accuracy. I'm sure it is even more advanced from when I retired 15 years ago.