PDA

View Full Version : forcing cone angle?

randyrat
06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I have another 44 mag SRH and plan on doing some work on it, little fine tuning..What is a good angle or the best forcing cone angle for cast boolits? 11% or other...What is your opinion? I'm not sure what it came with yet.

KCSO
06-05-2013, 04:09 PM
I can not see any difference in accuracy with just the angle. The most importnat factr in my opinion is smooth, I plish mine to tripoli and that really cuts down on leading. 11 degree is the current favorite and what I get the most requess for, but my factory K38 will stil shoot into 2" at 50 yards from a solid rest.

practical_man
06-10-2013, 08:51 AM
11 degree is the most versatile and very friendly to cast bullets. It won't be a problem with your red hawk.

Frozone
06-10-2013, 09:17 AM
5º is the Ruger standard.
11º works well.
Polish it? I'm not sure it helps, but it can't hurt. The normal Ruger cut is abysmal, just a good recut does wonders.

Oh, and check for a constriction in the barrel from frame fit.

randyrat
06-10-2013, 09:58 PM
I thought the angle was off for cast...Yes there is a barrel constriction also, slight but it is there. I also have 4 cylinders throats constricted. Right now it's a 2 shot revolver. I did open 2 revolvers up with real fine sand paper, but this one I'm going to use some real tools.