PDA

View Full Version : 1860 shoulder stock ?

bigted
06-04-2013, 01:46 AM
im looking for a shoulder stock for my Uberti 1860 colt revolver. haven't seen one for a long long time and cant find one at all now. anybody help??

Pb2au
06-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Dixie gun works should have one.

bigted
06-04-2013, 08:59 AM
thankyou...I will look there. thought id already looked at Dixie but will do a search on their on line store.

john hayslip
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
I think Taylor's has them too.

pietro
06-04-2013, 11:30 AM

$260 @ DGW : http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=7272

One F/S in TX : http://historical.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=6088&lotIdNo=81002

bigted
06-14-2013, 07:01 PM
landed a very nice but stock for the 1860 colt. had a chance to try it out today and boy am I surprised. the fit was a bit out but nothing a dremel couldn't cure.

loaded it with 35 grains cartridge powder and a 1/8th felt lubed wad then the .452 inch ball...smear of Thompson bore butter in front of the ball ...sparked with cci #11 caps.

really wish I had a camera to prove my statement as it is something I wouldn't believe if I were you...LOL . the first 5 outta the cylinder were stacked into a nice round hole at 25 yards. 6th went wild as I seemed to be shaking with wonder at this group...never got this kinda accuracy with a cap-n-ball revolver before.

next 6 were hovering rite in there but didn't come close to the 1 hole group of the first 5 . wowww man am I impressed...group went around 5 inch's high at the 25 yards and rite straight above the aiming point.

am a happy camper...look out grouse and bunnys !!!

Pb2au
06-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Sweet. We need to some pictures of the completed rig!

bigted
06-22-2013, 01:15 PM
asap. ill get a real camera soon.

bigted
06-23-2013, 01:01 AM
took the 1860 to the doctor for a final fit for the 45 Scofield cylinder with the loading gate. got it to the desired end play of a .005 gap at the barrel but don't have the machine to do a counter bore to relieve the rim area so it will chamber without rubbing the shield extensively.

told him I needed the percussion cylinder to continue to fit as it is very accurate...so no messing with the revolver proper...just the cylinder ,, backing plate/loading gate ,, ejector system ... but no departure on the frame except the loading gate metal removal to clearance the frame for loading and un-loading the revolver with the cartridges.

cant wait to get it back and see if the cased loads will be as accurate as the cap-n-ball setup. be interesting to find out and along with the photo's ...[as soon as I get a camera]... ill photo the new cylinder setup as well. I will try for another rite purty target to accompany the revolver/butt stock pic's.

thanks for the encouragement and interest.