PDA

View Full Version : Grilled PB & J Trade For Peanut Butter Pie Recipe

Larry D.
06-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Here's a swap for you.

A favorite here is grilled PB & J. Trust me, it's delicious.
Butter BOTH sides of the bread, this is critical. Butter is a needed barrier.

Butter the first side, then spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one and your favorite jelly, jam, marmalade, preserves, apple butter, etc on the other.

Butter the other side and get it into a hot pan. Grill until a nice golden brown.

You're gonna need a napkin and a big glass of cold milk.

In return, I need somebody to post a recipe for peanut butter pie.

06-04-2013, 05:47 AM
I use mayo instead of butter it makes a very crispy glaze like crust. Sorry, I don't have a peanut butter pie recipe.

altheating
06-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I too would be interested in a good peanut butter pie recipe. Not the "fill er up with whipped cream style" but the heavier style more like a cheese cake. Peanut Butter Pie, Cheese Cake and Strawberry Shortcake, who needs any other deserts?

winelover
06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Here's the recipe that Mrs. Winelover uses. She omits the cinnamon, it's not acid reflux friendly.

Winelover

altheating
06-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Winelover

I just made the peanut butter pie. That's the one I wanted. It was perfect! Thanks

winelover
06-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Winelover

I just made the peanut butter pie. That's the one I wanted. It was perfect! Thanks

Glad you enjoyed it.

Winelover

Tazman1602
06-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Man thanks for the PB pie recipe, it sounds YUMMY!

Art

Sweetpea
06-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Winelover, I made the PB Pie today...

It was a hit, there was only one problem... I think we needed to cut it in smaller pieces... that stuff is rich!

BTW, I used graham crackers instead of vanilla wafers... just what I had on hand, it worked fine.

Brandon

Tazman1602
06-10-2013, 05:15 AM
I printed out that recipe and wife made it yesterday for my 80 year old dad we had picked up for lunch. THAT PIE is AWESOME!!! YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMM! Just like Red Robin!

Art

Gliden07
06-10-2013, 08:06 PM
I love this resturant in general but there Peanut Butter Pie is FANTASTIC!!! Found this on web I have there Cookbook but couldn't find it so I hope its the real deal?

Dinosaur BBQ Peanut Butter Pie
source: Dinosaur BBQ

Ingredients:
for the crust:
20 oreo sandwich cookies
3 tablespoons butter, melted
for the filling:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar
for the garnish(which naturally, I forgot):
1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Directions:
1. To make the crust, crumble cookies in a food processor then put them in a bowl with the melted butter. Press crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Chill while making the filling.
2. To make the filling, put the cream, vanilla, cream cheese, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar in a mixer bowl. Mix on low for 1 minute, until blended, then gradually increase the speed to high. Whip until light and fluffy, about 1 more minute.
3. Spoon the filling into the chilled pie shell. Even off the top and sprinkle with peanuts. Pop in the fridge and let chill until set, about 4 hours. Serve chilled, don't leave it out at room temperature for too long because it will soften too much!

jroc
06-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Larry D. try this one I havn't tried it and it may not be what you are looking for. I go to recipe source a lot when I need a recipe that I don't already have. Here is the link:
http://www.recipesource.com/baked-goods/desserts/pies/peanut-butter02.html