PDA

View Full Version : what container do I use for pulldown powder

corvette8n
09-22-2007, 09:01 AM
I am going to pull down a couple of hundred rounds of Turk ammo, Do I need to store the powder in any special plactic container, will certain plastics react with the powder? :-D

pumpguy
09-22-2007, 09:09 AM
You can use an old commercial container and RELABEL it. If you don't have one, you can use any container made of #2 plastic. This could be a milk jug or a laundry detergent bottle.

44man
09-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Don't use any container that will let in light! If you do, keep it in a dark place. Powder is like beer, light is no good.
I have to wonder what you will do with the powder. There is no way of knowing what it is or how to use it. Makes good fertilizer.
Unless you reload the same amount with a new bullet of the same configuration and weight, in the same brass, I would dump it.

Newtire
09-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Corvette,
I just discovered those plastic Coffee-Mate coffee creamer bottles work great. The plastic label "skin" comes off and a nice white unmarked bottle is underneath ready to mark whatever ya want on it. Even has a built-in pour spout and a wide mouth for filling it from big jugs of powder. I get em free from work.

quasi
09-22-2007, 03:33 PM
I use my empty protein supplement plastic jugs. They are dark brown and hold a lot of powder.

jhalcott
09-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Say you pull down 300 rounds and get 50 grains from each. That is about 2 pounds of XXX powder. By the time you find a GOOD load for it ,it will be all gone.
You COULD put it on EBAY as antique powder and sell it for a fortune. OR dump it in the garden. Un less I KNOW what the powder is I tend to not use it in MY firearms.