PDA

View Full Version : MEC Charge Bars Serve as Mold Stock?

Four-Sixty
06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if those MEC charge bars I have laying around would serve as some basic mold stock. They are not that big, and have some holes in them already, but maybe there is enough to work with?

I've got about 10 of them. I won't use them. If someone thinks this is worth trying, shoot me a PM. I will send them to you for the cost of shipping.

dbosman
06-03-2013, 03:54 PM
PM inbound.

dakotashooter2
06-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I have some of the older "fixed hole" types too. I have been reluctant to toss them out. I considered having them milled out to accept bushings but since I can't do it myself it would cost as much or more than new ones... if someone can use them let me know.

Fishman
06-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Aren't the shot bars used without bushings? That's how mine are set up. I have a bar for each 1/8 oz increment. They work well and can be modified if necessary. Lots of mec loaders out there, bet someone could use them.

Teddy (punchie)
06-06-2013, 12:22 AM
HI Four Sixty

What are the numbers I maybe interested in them.

Thanks !!

Teddy

I was wondering if those MEC charge bars I have laying around would serve as some basic mold stock. They are not that big, and have some holes in them already, but maybe there is enough to work with?

I've got about 10 of them. I won't use them. If someone thinks this is worth trying, shoot me a PM. I will send them to you for the cost of shipping.

dakotashooter2
06-06-2013, 11:46 AM
The bars I have are the older ones with "fixed" powder AND shot openings. The newer bars have bushings for the powder.. though I don't know why bushings couldn't be used for the shot too. Either way it would cost more to have them modified than what new ones cost.

Hardcast416taylor
06-06-2013, 03:58 PM
This is where an old copy of the Mec bar chart comes in handy so you can tell what that bar dropped as to powder. I`ve always trusted them abit more than using the bushings they use now.Robert