06-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Beer Biscuits

2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup beer! Yep!
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Cut the sour cream into your biscuit mix using a fork or your hands

Stir in 1/2 cup Beer. The dough will be very soft, don't worry.

Sprinkle additional baking mix onto your counter; about an 1/2 cup seems to work just fine.

Knead and fold dough until coated with your baking mix. Don't overwork it or they will be tough Hockey Pucks! Pat dough out, (no rolling pin needed) and cut biscuits using a round biscuit/cookie cutter.

**OR, Like I do... pat out into a 9 inch square and slice into squares; no waste or re-forming a round biscuit. My large pizza cutter works great for cutting these!

Melt butter in a 9 inch square, oven proof glass dish or pan. Just stick your pan and butter in the oven for a few minutes. Just a few though, the butter will burn quickly, so watch it. Have your biscuits already cut before doing this.

Place cut biscuits on top of melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown. :D

Bodydoc447
06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Sounds good! Can you use self-rising flour instead of Bisquick?

Doc

Hickory
06-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Now that you have biscuits in the oven, in a large cast iron skillet, brown 1/2 lb. pork sausage.
Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup flour, and 3-4 cups of milk. Stir on medium heat until thick.

Biscuts & gravy.

badbob454
06-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Now that you have biscuits in the oven, in a large cast iron skillet, brown 1/2 lb. pork sausage.
Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup flour, and 3-4 cups of milk. Stir on medium heat until thick.

Biscuts & gravy.dont forget the cavender's its a great seasoning for making sausage gravy!!

Hickory
06-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I forgot, thanks

jlucke69
06-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm too lazy to roll them out. I use the same basic recipe, add powdered garlic and shredded cheese, mix it together and spoon it in big clumps onto a greased cookie sheet. We call them drop biscuits.