PDA

View Full Version : Hoping and Praying James Gates of Dixie Slugs is OK

jmort
06-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Saw this on the Dixie Slugs site:

"Temporary Pause in Production

Due to unexpected health issues and potential upcoming surgery, James will be out of commission for several months.

The shop will be closed during this time."

I put James Gates up there with Veral Smith as two of the great living cast bullet/slug community members. Hoping and praying he will have a complete recovery.

smoked turkey
06-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I too believe James is one fine gentleman. From posts I have seen he is willing to share information about products and loading information without regard to whether or not it will cut into the bottom line sales of components which he markets. This attitude in the world of heavy competition and trying to make every dollar they can is refreshing indeed. I also pray for James a quick and total recovery.

SuperBlazingSabots
06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Wishing and praying for a Speedy recovery for Sir James, his wife too is a wonderful lady.

Best regards,
Ajay

longbow
06-02-2013, 10:48 PM
James is a terrific guy, always willing to share. I hope things are okay and this is a temporary setback.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Longbow

hubel458
06-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Wishing a fine man well.Ed

Carryacolt
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM
I too will have him in my prayers

Buckshot Bill
06-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Here's hoping for the best for James and family, my family has spoken with James a number of times over the phone. Was hoping to someday drive down and meet him in person.