PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need large pistol primers ???

captaint
06-01-2013, 03:28 PM
So, Midsouth Shooters Supply has large pistol primers in stock, just looked - Tula.
Ordered some myself. My first time using "foreign" primers. Oh, well - from what I have read here, very few of you guys have problems with the Tula primers. So, I bought 5 thou. Twenty one & change per thou. Total for 5 thou was 145 & change, including everything one has to have. Not so bad. Been looking for an excuse to buy some of these Tula primers. So, we'll see.

Mike

daniel lawecki
06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
I been using Tula primers for 3 years had 3FTF out ot 10,000 saving my CCI for later.

Ohio Rusty
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Only three out of 10,000 ?? That is awesome. I have 3 Federal XM 5.56's that came out of the same box that were bad. 2 of the 223 rounds had primers that didn't fire and the 3rd had a round that the primer is crimped in backwards !!! I saved them for future pictures. I have a whole handfull of .22's from CCI, Federal and Winchester that didn't fire and there is a deep firing pin mark in the case. All duds. I saved those also. I don't believe the Ruskies are going to load their battle ammo with faulty primers so their guns won't fire when they need them the heat of battle. No company can make everything 100% perfect .....
Ohio Rusty ><>

lka
06-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Gone now lol

41 mag fan
06-01-2013, 03:57 PM
30k so far and counting on Tulas I've either loaded and shot or just have loaded. So far out of 10k no FTF for me.
Only problem I have had on Tulas vs Wolf, is my 5.56 Tulas were harder to seat than the Wolfs. They're a thicker jacket on them, but i can work with it.

lka
06-01-2013, 04:09 PM
30k so far and counting on Tulas I've either loaded and shot or just have loaded. So far out of 10k no FTF for me.
Only problem I have had on Tulas vs Wolf, is my 5.56 Tulas were harder to seat than the Wolfs. They're a thicker jacket on them, but i can work with it.

I got 8k wolf spp primers a few months ago, they were not good, about 10-15% wouldn't go bang, I gave some to my brother and dad an they had the same issues, I shot them out of a glock 27, S&W 642, ruger sr40c, charter undercover, and Springfield 40 all with the same issues. It's all good tho, I loaded them ALL up with cast bullets and I Practice clearing bad rounds as if in a CCW Situation, I Actually kind of enjoy it :D. But, I won't buy wolf pistole primers again, I do use wolf 209s and have NEVER had a misfire and I have loaded thousands of wolf 209s, I have heard the pistole primers have thicker cups......

I have heard of people not having issues with the pistole primers so who knows,,,