PDA

View Full Version : Estimado Verde recipe

waksupi
09-21-2007, 12:21 AM
You guys seemed to have liked the pesole recipe. Here is a variation, that you should try.

One pound ground sausage, or other meat.
One can black beans
One can hominy.(drained)
One jar Salsa verde
1/2 jar Cilantro salsa
One jar Golden Greek Pepperoncini Tempero peppers (or similar)
Chopped onions to taste.
Garlic optional.

Most any kind of meat should be good in this. I'm going to try it with chicken this weekend.

Brown and drain the meat, then add the rest of the ingredients. Remove the stems from the peppers, cut them in half. Cook everything until hot, and it gets better if you let it simmer for a few hours. It is up to your own judgement how spicy hot you make this. I did my batch mild, and it was very good.

This is a new concoction I came up with last night, and from the reaction at the BBQ today, it wqas a real winner. Try it out, and let me know how you like it.

MT Gianni
09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Ric, I thought you were a man of honor and decency. How can you say garlic optional? Just my strong opinion on it. Gianni.

Lee
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
OhBoy OhBoy OhBoy OhBoy OhBoy OhBoy OhBoy......it's off to the kitchen I go........................Lee;-)

waksupi
09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Ric, I thought you were a man of honor and decency. How can you say garlic optional? Just my strong opinion on it. Gianni.

Well, there may be those who have someone around, who lets them kiss them occassionally. Gotta cover the bases!

Try it, you'll like it. I think this stuff is better than pesole.

Charlie Horse
09-21-2007, 10:20 PM
So, do you eat this like a soup or stew, or is a topping for rice?

waksupi
09-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Eats pretty good straight, but would probably go well with rice.

Single Shot
09-23-2007, 10:09 AM
WOW, Was that GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Used de-boned squirrel meat that marinated over night to draw out blood.

I cooked it up in a dutch oven, camp style over coals. Added bisquick drop biscuits near the end. Biscuits cooked up like dumplings on top of the stew.

Just ladled out a few biscuits and then topped with the stew.

waksupi
09-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Told ya. Saw it, right off.

bigbore442001
09-26-2007, 07:48 PM
It sounds like a good camp recipe. I made something pretty decent tonight. I took four links of homemade cajun venison sausage and cut them up in thin slices. I added that to a skillet with chopped green and red peppers fresh from my garden. I deglazed the pan with a bit of sake and added some mushrooms and a can of baked beans. Let it simmer for a while when I was practicing with the bow in the back yard.

I now feel very full.