PDA

View Full Version : cabelas case tumbler kit

Ivantherussian03
09-20-2007, 10:50 PM
hey,

Time to tap into the collective knowledge of the group. I want to order the cabelas case tumbler kit. Does anyone know( or have an opinion) about any quality issues on this item?:-D

Forester
09-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Can't help you with the Cabelas version but if you are not set on that I have had great service out of my two Frankford Arsenal brand tumblers from MidwayUSA and they are alittle cheaper than the Cabelas tumbler as well.

You might consider calling them and see who manufactures the tumbler for them, I would bet it is the same as some other brand with a Cabelas label on it.

mike in co
09-23-2007, 01:46 AM
i think he hit it on the head...

midways sub company frankford arsenal ( well several of them) are now marketed several places and sometimes in the sellers name.

happy7
09-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I have the cabelas kit. It has worked well for me. No complaints, except that you have to use it with the lid removed. It has worked well, but I have only had it a couple years so can't really say how well it will hold up over the long haul.

wire nut
09-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I have the cabela's kit and it works very well. Works with any brass that I have treid to clean.
Happt afre you sure that you need to tumble with the cover off. My tumbler will
shake the media out if I leave the cover off very long. Only complaint I have is that to use the sifter you must have a container to sift the media in to
wire nut

jawjaboy
09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Had mine for nigh on 5 years. No complaints at all. It will handle a good load with no strain.

Happy, why are you having to tumble with the lid off?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IM000245.jpg

jcwit
09-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I have one of the Cabela's tumblers, 2 years old now. I tumble lots of brass, shot over 20,000 rds last year. Never had any problems, works great, one more thing to consider is Cabela's forever warrenty, if you don't like it (thats what ever they sell) return it, no problem. I'm probably extra fortunate in that one of the Cabela's stores is within 15 min. of my wifes folks, makes for an extra enjoyable trip. I also wonder why someone would have to leave the lid off?