PDA

View Full Version : Fortunate, AGAIN!

PbHurler
06-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm thankful that I'm able to make a post here, from my computer, in my upright home, with electricity!

I'm in Yukon Oklahoma, (11 miles east of El Reno Oklahoma). Tornado lifted just west of us, and reformed east of us. We've dodged a bullet again. I was scheduled to have some dealer work done on my truck this morning in El Reno; I can't get there due to debris, damage & recovery efforts between here & there. Tried to call dealer to cancel but the phone lines are down. I hopeing all of the Okie brothers here, have faired as well.

I can't say that I really enjoy forcing this body of mine under my vehicle, but considering what the less fortunate are dealing with; I think I'll just keep my pie-hole shut. This sort of thing really puts things in perspective.
This tornado stuff is getting REAL old.

41 mag fan
06-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Me and my wife were just saying last night, we don't see how people can live in areas that are hit so much with tornados.
I'm glad to see though you are ok. I hope the other members on here in those areas are too

Trapperscott
06-01-2013, 11:55 AM
PbHurler, I was in El Reno yesterday just minutes before it hit. I was at a good friends house a mile and a half south of I40 on 81 highway. I bugged out and went south on 81. He rode it out in his cellar. He got quite a bit of damage to outbuildings and his porches are gone off his house. But the worst damage is from the water he had come thru his house. I finally got home north of Guthrie about 2 this morning. I'm tired of this ****.

km101
06-01-2013, 12:44 PM
PbHurler; Glad you folks are OK. When we exchanged PM's, I wondered where you were in OK, and if you were affected by the latest storms. I really hope that your luck holds. Tornados are not your friend!
We have been lucky here in N Texas as we have only had high winds, hail and lots of rain. Lost a few tree limbs, but no significant damage. More weather predicted today, but hopefully it is not severe. Keep your head down and try to stay dry.

41 mag fan
06-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I hope all our members make it thru these storms we've had this yr. So far here in IN we've been lucky this spring with no major storms. We got the remnants of the storms last night, and i did notice in our side yard south of the house, the wind and rain took out another Black Locust and dropped it in the yard.
Sadly it looks like it took out our 5 yr old Pecan tree....that poor pecans been thru hell and back....from trees knocking it down and it surviving, to my boy burning some old lumber to close and scorching it.
I think this time it met its demise.

TXGunNut
06-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Sounds like it was another rough one in OKC last night. Nothing they haven't seen before but I can imagine it gets a little old. I see they had some fatalities, that's really rough. Things get a little rough on my little spot on the prairie now and then (lost my carport a year ago last night) but nothing like the folks in OKC and Wichita Falls go thru on a regular basis.
Gotta go finish the yard, more rain coming!

btroj
06-01-2013, 05:11 PM
OKC certainly has had a rough couple of weeks. Glad to hear you guys made it thru OK.

Makes me realize just how few bad storms we get up in Nebraska.

41 mag fan
06-01-2013, 07:22 PM
OKC certainly has had a rough couple of weeks. Glad to hear you guys made it thru OK.

Makes me realize just how few bad storms we get up in Nebraska.

Yeah but when you guys get them brad, they are some doosies, thats for sure!

Dean D.
06-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Happy to hear you made it through this one safely Bob. I've been keeping all of you Okies in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all of our other OK members fair as well as you did.

WILCO
06-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Happy to hear you made it through this one safely Bob. I've been keeping all of you Okies in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all of our other OK members fair as well as you did.

Ditto for me.

375RUGER
06-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Glad you and yours are OK. Be thankful that you're getting rain finally, or maybe it wasn't as dry in Canadian Co. Stephens Co. is still pretty dry.

Circuit Rider
06-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Bob, glad you and yours are OK. Born and raised in north central Oklahoma, was in 2 small tornadoes, only thing I don't miss about Okieland. CR

dolang1
06-03-2013, 09:41 PM
I built a cellar 30 years ago here in central Oklahoma. We've only used it 4 times. Once on May 3 1999 and 3 times in the last two weeks. I hope it's another 14 years before we need it again.

leeggen
06-03-2013, 09:55 PM
God be with you all in Ok.
Wife and I listen to 7 tornados jump from ridge to ridge a few yr.s. ago. Not fun just wondering when it will hit, real scary. sense we built a shelter of con. blk rebar and concreate.
Haven't needed it yet and hope we never will. Best thoughts from Tn.
CD

PbHurler
06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Here's a gun related update:

Canadian Ranges are the outdoor public gun ranges I frequent. They are about midway between ElReno & Yukon & 1mile south of I-40. The clubhouse at the trap & skeet range was a beautiful log cabin building with loft, it's destroyed. The skeet houses were topped, the racks for the shotguns were pulled out of the ground. There was a shoot scheduled for that weekend, visitors lost their motorhomes & trailers, there was no loss of life.

The pistol & rifle range(s) are just to the east of this facility. These ranges were severely damaged as well. The sheetmetal covered canopies pulled the concreted-in pipe legs out of the ground & relocated them to the firing line. The canopy system was welded pipe frame with corrigated steel covering. They had handgun / .22 cal. to 25 yard range, 50 yard range, & 100 Yd range. From the only pictures I've seen, some of the 100 yard lanes may be ok. The different ranges are seperated by prefabbed concrete panels but I can't tell if they were damaged from photos I've seen

It's going to be awhile before these ranges are up & running again. The O.T.A. website says "They'll be back" I sure hope so.

The tornado was classified as an EF5, with peak winds at 295mph; had a path width of 2.6 miles (a new world record width, yay for us) and was on the ground for 16.2 miles.

I've attached a link to the Oklahoma Trap Associations website that shows the damage sustained from this tornado.

Link: http://www.otatrapandskeet.org/Tornado_Damage.php

Calamity Jake
06-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I too was hit by the storms, lucky, no damage other than no electricity until about 45 min. ago, lost a little food in the fridge
and freezer.
I'm ready for the storms to stop but we're in for another round tonight.

rockrat
06-05-2013, 02:55 PM
You guys stay safe as you can.

Used to live down that way and had a good friend in the middle of the '99 tornado and in-laws in the latest rounds. Everybody is OK, can't say the same for the houses. BIL lives just east of Tuttle, he and his family have been in the shelter a few times lately. I think my wife is re-thinking about moving back.

Pepe Ray
06-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Can't reach my nephew by telephone.
Neither cell or land line.
David Wood
6712 B , So. May, Okla City 73159