PDA

View Full Version : Mihec 359-125 Magic bullet!

DanOH
06-01-2013, 05:47 AM
I bought a S&W M&P 9FS back in January and spent most of the winter frustrated over finding decent ammo to shoot.
Turns out that my stockpile of primmers only had a couple hundred small pistol primers, which I went through rather quickly without
much success accuracy-wise. The Walmart 9MM stuff was a complete waste=5-8 inch groups at 25 yds.
Anyway finally scored some primers, got in on and received the group buy mold and was able to load up some ammo using 4.7 grain Green Dot.
WOW! That load shot point of aim at 25 yards offhand with the 1st 5 rounds within a inch of each other. I had just about given up on that pistol.
Good bullet!
Dan

sargenv
06-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Green dot is an under rated pistol powder.. I found a load with it and a 180 gr Truncated 40 cal Zero Jacketed bullet that had great accuracy at 50 yards with my 610..

2wheelDuke
06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Great news, OP. What did you size them at? Have you ever slugged that gun?

DanOH
06-18-2013, 11:53 AM
The gun slugged at .3575 best I could tell with the odd groove number. I tried a Lee 125 rnfp that worked great for my KelTec but I had to size it to 357 to get it to function in the M&P. Accuracy for the lee was not good with the smith.
The MiHec was sized at .358, lubed with carnuba red. Runs great. still shooting my first batch of about 500. The penta pins were really rough, so they didn't drop with out persuasion. I will try the round pins next time I fire up the pot.

Dan

Iron Mike Golf
06-20-2013, 05:00 PM
I have been running the round pins in mine and also size to .358 with Carnauba Red. I am shooting mine from an SR9c.

If you want to use the penta pins, you might think about dressing then with a jewler's file. The are pretty rough and the faces are a tad concave. Get them flat and smooth and they drop a whole lot easier. Also, you might hit them with a shot of graphite dry-lube.