PDA

View Full Version : Paint for Plastic

7br
09-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Okay, I am an idiot and cannot find a post with recommendations for paint formulated for plastics. I need to paint a set of Ruger MKII grips hot pink for my 8, soon to be 9 yr old daughter.

bdoyle
09-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I think Krylon has rattle cans for plastic. I have read of people painting the jeep fender flares with it.
Just a thought...
Brian

Jim
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Krylon does make a paint that was originally marketed for painting plastic patio furniture. I've used it and it sticks like there ain't no tomorrow. Check Lowe's and/or Home Depot.

RayinNH
09-20-2007, 08:51 PM
It's called Krylon Fusion...Ray

http://www2.krylon.com/main/product_template.cfm?levelid=5&sub_levelid=10&productid=1751&content=product_details

94Doug
09-21-2007, 12:56 AM
I would try any Auto Parts Store that sells DUPONT products (former Jobber) and ask for vinyl paint. If you are lucky enough to know someone, the computer system will allow them to mix extreemly small amounts of the product. If things haven't changed since I last mixed paint, (5-6 years, I guess they probably have) ANY car formula can be mixed as a ready to spray vinyl paint, in 3 levels from gloss to flat. There is a company that makes an aerosol sprayer, (preval) that you can dump it in and spray away. I tried this stuff on a kids scooter on the foot tread, and it held up fine. Hope this helps!