PDA

View Full Version : Sizing hint for the Lee sizers.

mrjata
05-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Just got done with the latest reloading marathon. Almost 7,000 rounds is a butt load to me. When I started sizing all the cast stuff, I looked at the that little LEE red cup to catch the bullets and thought there has got to be a better way. Taa Daa! Take a 2 liter pop bottle and slip it over the die. DONE! It might wiggle a bit, hang on to it for the first few hundred. I left the bottom on this one since these were for loading later. If you want to make it easier to dump them out, cut the bottom out of another bottle. I learned this after loading the first bottle and then fighting with it for several min. trying to get the bullets out. Cut out the bottom, dump into a butter tub. DUH!

Thought this might help someone. It also doubles for my tumble lubber. Just remember to put the cap back on. Dump in a couple of had fulls, drip in some "mule snot" and get busy! Dump out onto the cookie sheet and set in the sun and forget.

This site has been a wealth of knowledge and help. I appreciate it all. I could not have done any casting withyour your help or products that I can afford from LEE(shameless plug for free hat?).

Dave Bulla
05-30-2013, 02:49 PM
THAT is a very cool and innovative idea!

Smoke4320
05-30-2013, 04:14 PM
add an RC Cola and a Moon Pie and you have a sizing party
I like it... following the Lee tradition .. cheap and easy and it works

PS Paul
05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Nice pic! welcome to the forum, Mr Jata. Lots of good information AND some really good people inhabit this place. Lee products have allowed A LOT of us, who would not otherwise have been able to afford it, to et into this game we so enjoy. I started with the Lee Challenger single-stage about 26 years ago and still use a fair amount of their products. got RCBS, Hornady and Lyman stuff too, but my Lee products definitely have their place. A bunch of their 6 cavity molds as well which serve me VERY well.

Congrats on getting started with casting and thanks for the clever idea. 7,000 rounds at one time? THAT is more than I EVER attempt. Ever. You're a machine!

Paul

pdawg_shooter
05-31-2013, 04:46 PM
quote...Congrats on getting started with casting and thanks for the clever idea. 7,000 rounds at one time? THAT is more than I EVER attempt. Ever. You're a machine!...

Or more than a little afflicted!

mrjata
06-02-2013, 03:42 AM
I think the next time I do that much, I am going to make some sort of resistance on the single stage press. Might get a workout while I am at it. Guess I am fixed for ammo for a while. Now I need more primers, and powder. Jeez, I feel like a junkie needing a fix! Glad my single stage press is not a slot machine. Hey, there is a thought, get little old ladies, tell them that this is training for slot machines. Slot-cardio!

mrjata
06-02-2013, 03:45 AM
I couldn't get the rest of the loads on the table but you get the idea.

Oh, for future reference, that little bag in the lower right of the photo is my desiccant pack. Removes moisture from my ammo cans. Yup, home made, rice in pantyhose. Works great.

fiberoptik
11-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Crystal cat litter in an old sock, same stuff, whole lot cheaper!:smile: