PDA

View Full Version : Green Machine Advise

schutzen
05-30-2013, 01:28 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase an RCBS Green Machine set up for .38/.357. I know nothing about the Green Machine and I am wondering if it is worth my time and money to purchase it. If I do I will use it to load .38/.357 exclusively (mostly .38's). I

All you Green Machine owners tell me about the pro's & con's of the Green Machine.

Thanks, Steve

44Vaquero
05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Schutzen, check out Seagiant's recent post on this forum or better yet send him a PM.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?201306-An-RCBS-quot-Green-Machine-quot-That-Actually-Works!

Janoosh
05-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Green Machines work, they're good machines, I won't get rid of mine, BUT..............
Read what Seagiant has to say! +1 on his post, and save it if you buy the Green Machine.

MtGun44
05-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Run. . . . to Blue.

Bill

schutzen
05-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Many thanks for the link to the other thread. I may still purchase this machine, but not at thier asking price. Too many parts to needed to make it work as a dedicated .38 loader.

Thanks, Steve

W.R.Buchanan
05-30-2013, 03:48 PM
They were great machines in their day. They are fun to play with and you can load some ammo on one.

However,,,,,

They are not for the mechanically dis-inclined, or disinterested.

They require genuine mechanical aptitude to keep running.

If you just want to load ammo and not have a mechanical project, this machine is not a good choice.

Bill said run to blue... Good advice.

Randy

schutzen
05-30-2013, 04:12 PM
I already have a Dillon 650, but I thought I might just set the Green Machine up as a dedicated .38 machine. I guess I am a dinasoar, I still like to shoot a .38 revolver with cast slugs.

seagiant
05-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi Schutzen,
Don't listen to these guys! The RCBS Green Machine is a wonderful loader! I think to keep from spending to much on high blood pressure meds though, you need to set it up like I and others here have done and it will bury you in ammo! Keep in mind that it is a sensitive loader and needs to be "tweeked" to get the timing just right, but once set, is good to go!