PDA

View Full Version : Foxes in the front yard

27judge
05-27-2013, 02:50 PM
I got up and found these two guys in my front yard. I believe they were going to go fishing off my pier . Later one laid down and the other one went out on my neighbors pier and laid down just like a pet dog. Sometimes they just don't seem to worry where they are, lots of fun to watch. tks KEN

imashooter2
05-27-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm in the Philly suburbs, pretty dense residential, and there is a fox that I see hunting down my street a few nights a week. Not a lot of stray cats around here...

DLCTEX
05-27-2013, 03:19 PM
I see Gray foxes in town late at night. Lots of deer and turkey in town too. It's fun to see turkey hunters who have seen none react when they see them pass by the restaurant at lunch. They usually want to know if it's legal to shoot them in town. No, that's why the turkeys stay there. I once had a neighbor who had a pair raising a litter of kits on his place. He passed the word that he didn't want them shot. Then he saw one carrying a small pig of his to the den and they didn't last long.

JeffinNZ
05-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Looks like the makings of a good hat you have there.

beagle
05-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Got a couple of greys that come through the yard every couple of nights. Don't bother anything so I leave them alone. I like to hear barking at night. Now, my yote population is another story./beagle

Mal Paso
05-27-2013, 08:51 PM
I've got one that leaves presents on my porch. He was here within the last couple days as I see a new pile of poo next to the porch.

Driving home the other night I found a baby bobcat in my driveway. He ran around a bend, when I caught up to him he turned to look at me, turned, jumped over a bush and was gone.

hanleyfan
05-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Foxes are know to carry rabies and when they act out of the norm I am usually wary of them, when they get sick they usually lose their fear of man and will come right up to you.

imashooter2
05-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Foxes are know to carry rabies and when they act out of the norm I am usually wary of them, when they get sick they usually lose their fear of man and will come right up to you.

That would be a dead fox, even here in the densely populated Philly suburbs.

I see them on golf courses pretty regularly too. A few years back, they built a den on the RH side of the fairway at Rock Manor, right in the landing area for average drivers. At first, everyone thought it was a lovely bit of nature. After the kits came, they got aggressive in defending the den and they had to have them removed.

Gliden07
05-27-2013, 11:28 PM

They don't look like they have Rabies! They look real healthy nice coats and full tails!! Last couple I saw here in Mass had mange!! Nasty lookin critters!!

LUBEDUDE
05-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Nice looking animals, similar to what I see in our neighborood.