PDA

View Full Version : The past week has been a bust!!

Alan in Vermont
05-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Since last Sunday we have had rain all but two days and one of them is today.

Sunday, sheltered from the elements.
Monday, sheltered from the elements.
Tuesday, solid overcast but no wind (for a change)
Wednesday, sunny part of the day, tried to mow a lawn, got rained out.
Thursday, sheltered from the elements.
Friday, sheltered from the elements.
Saturday, sheltered from the elements.
Yesterday, sheltered from the elements.

Just before sundown yesterday the skies cleared so we had a real sunset. With the sun low in the west it was still hitting the top of Mt. Mansfield, our highest peak. 'Twas beautiful but a bit depressing to see the summit, which just shows above the hills east of town, shining brightly due to the fresh snow on it. This is late May, there is not supposed to be fresh snow on the mountain!!

Today, SUNSHINE!! Dumped 7.5" of water out of a bucket that was sitting upright outside. I am heading out to finish the lawn I started Wed.

KCSO
05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Here we would have killed for rain... We had a 1 inch rain last week and it was the most rain we had at one time since may of 2012.

DLCTEX
05-27-2013, 12:29 PM
We will happily take it.

starmac
05-27-2013, 01:42 PM
We went from winter to summer last week, skipped spring all together and are roasting now.

x101airborne
05-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Oh, please, we need more rain. Please send it to us. I will pay postage.
We got 6 inches here (no short **** jokes, please LOL). And we can always use more.
We have to make up for 4 years of drought.

Katya Mullethov
05-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Lotsa homeless dung beetles over here , cause it come another real turd floater the last couple days . The buffalo grass is already about "this" high , and the fleas want my guts for garters .

Alan in Vermont
05-27-2013, 06:18 PM
We got 6 inches here (no short **** jokes, please LOL). And we can always use more.

Oh c'mon,,,, If you got 6 inches you better give it back to the guy you got it from'cuz it ain't yours!!

JeffinNZ
05-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Wind chill here today is at freezing point. Great if you're a polar bear I suspect.

btroj
05-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Wind chill here today is at freezing point. Great if you're a polar bear I suspect.

Wind chill at freezing? Really?

Come to the states, preferably the northern plains. When it is zero F and the wind is blowing we get wind chills into the 20 below realm.

I am sure some of the Canada and Alaska boys can tell of temps that low without windchill.

Face it Jeff, it is still pretty warm. I suppose it is relative.

starmac
05-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Best (worst) I have seen is 72 below zero, with no wind chill, but it has been colder. lol

GOPHER SLAYER
05-27-2013, 07:51 PM
starmac, if a man ventured outside in that kind of cold he might just freeze off a tostada.

km101
05-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Oh, please, we need more rain. Please send it to us. I will pay postage.
We have to make up for 4 years of drought.

What are you doing wrong? Some of my family in San Antonio said they got 9.75" the other day in just over 8 hrs. And that's almost next door to you! Caused some of the worst flooding they have seen in over 30 years in SA. They live SW of San Antonio in the sandy land so it just soaked in like a sponge, no flooding!

km101
05-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Best (worst) I have seen is 72 below zero, with no wind chill, but it has been colder. lol

My brother worked on the North Slope for a couple of years. He sent me a video of him taking a hot cup of coffee outside and throwing the coffee up in the air. It was frozen before it hit the ground! The temp at the time was -58 F.

x101airborne
05-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Oh c'mon,,,, If you got 6 inches you better give it back to the guy you got it from'cuz it ain't yours!!

BRAWWWHAAAAA!!!! I am literally laughing out loud.
My wife would agree!