PDA

View Full Version : My plans for the day

Pb2au
05-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Visit my departed ones in the cemetery.
Home for lunch.
Commence construction of new rotating composter. (aka the composter of awesomeness)
Fire up the fire pit, load up the Dutch oven with pork roast.
Finish composter,
Finish dinner prep.
Eat.
Relax

WILCO
05-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Sounds like a plan.

lka
05-27-2013, 11:20 AM
I have the family at Knottsberry farm hotel geting ready to go to the park, I hear they are cool with CCWs?

TXGunNut
05-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Working, sort of.

DLCTEX
05-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Was planning to shoot some cast to test for accuracy. Wind at 35 and temp 99*. Changed plan to staying under AC and eating ribs my son is cooking for dinner. May reload some 44 Mag. and 480 Ruger in my airconditioned reloading room.

Pb2au
05-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Update;
All is well at the cemetery. In fact, we arrived there during the salute to our fallen soldiers. Woodside cemetery is really centered around the fact of fallen warriors. The stain glass is the little chapel is composed of insignia of different units, branches of military, etc, etc. Very awe inspiring.
Composter of awesomeness is almost done.
I drank a couple of beers, cooked a magnificent pork roast,
Our oldest friend came over and ate with us.
Life is simple and good.

Pb2au
05-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Was planning to shoot some cast to test for accuracy. Wind at 35 and temp 99*. Changed plan to staying under AC and eating ribs my son is cooking for dinner. May reload some 44 Mag. and 480 Ruger in my airconditioned reloading room.

Woof, that is some harsh climate......my hats off to our Texas/arizona/Oklahoma members.

Mal Paso
05-27-2013, 09:05 PM
I loaded up the truck and headed to work. Got about 2 miles and the right Tie Rod dropped without warning. I managed to avoid the Redwood Tree. Strapped it back together and limped home. Guess that's what I get for working on a Holiday. :-D

badboyparamedic
05-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Went to the range and exercised the 2nd Ammendment rights I have.

km101
05-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Watched the parade on TV and grilled burgers & brats for lunch. Loaded some ammo for my brother after lunch. Late afternoon went to the cemetery and put flowers and flags on my FIL's grave. He was an artilleryman in the Pacific during WWII. Then came home and did steaks and roasted corn and grilled potato salad on the grill, for dinner. The wife fixed strawberry shortcake for dessert. Life is GOOD!

L Ross
05-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Spent most of the day teaching a 12 year old neighbor boy casting and reloading. We cast up a couple hundred H&G wadcutters. Next we cooked some paste wax and mixed up a small batch of 45/45/10. Then he processed 150 38 specials and loaded them.
Then this evening I called a couple of my favorite veteran friends and thanked them for their service. Sipping a little Rebel Yell right now and feeling pretty satisfied with life.

Duke