PDA

View Full Version : My day so far...

Coug91
05-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Sunday; Memorial Day weekend.

Put a couple hundred pieces of brass in the polisher and let it go..
Made breakfast for my wife and daughters - bacon and pork link sausages, baked @ 400F. Not much beats baked bacon - try it once and you'll never go back to pan fried. hash browned potatoes and scrambled eggs. Mocha's - hers with peppermint, mine with coconut. The girls had milk. Life is good.
Pulled the brass out of the polisher, rinsed, and put on a towel to dry... although, I'm going to anneal it, so it didn't really need to dry.
Setup my old laptop on the downstairs tv so oldest daughter can play her video games on it.
Doggy-doo patrol and mowed the lawn.
Grilled some burgers and a couple slabs of pineapple (honey and a dash of salt on the pineapple)
We took the girls to a park so they could run around and burn some energy.
Soon will be time to anneal some brass and then to call it a day.

January of this year was the first time since 2005 that I've been home on my birthday. I've been home since last August from my fourth deployment and found out last month that I'm not on the hook for the next rotation.

xs11jack
05-26-2013, 11:58 PM
God's blessings on you and your family, soldier! From one vet to another. Soldiering makes family all the more precious, doesn't it.
Jack

WILCO
05-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Glad you had a good day Coug91.

Boerrancher
05-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Nothing beats a day with the family when you have spent so much time away from them. Now that I am retired I enjoy every moment with them. Congrats on missing the next rotation, as I know how hard it was on the wife and kids when I was gone. Take care and God Bless.

Best wishes,

Joe

Coug91
05-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Thank you... Ended up getting the annealer setup on the wrokbench, applied tempilaq to mouths of a few cases, and then watched the girls play a video game. Came up stairs when they were done and headed to bed. Watched TV with the wife units and called it a day. Life is good.

x101airborne
05-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Thank you for being there. I would like to think we may have met at some point in time. Good people and good (well some) times.
Enjoy your weekend.
My wife asked me today
"What is the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day?"
I answered "Memorial Day is when we remember the Fallen. Veterans Day is when we remember the Survivors."