PDA

View Full Version : Wife's first time shooting handguns...

koehlerrk
05-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Yesterday was my wife's first time ever shooting a handgun. She tried Robins' Smith 637 in 38... one cylinder was enough to determine that it does not fit her hands at all! So, I had her try Bobs' Judge with 45 Colts.

Right off the bat she said it fit her hand better, not perfect, but better than the Smith. It fit good enough that by the time she was done she was putting 5 rounds into a 6 inch group at 10 yards. Now she's bugging me that we need to get a couple handguns... one for me, and one for her. I think I've created a monster...

white eagle
05-26-2013, 10:49 AM
nice
you couldn't find a better shooting partner
you will have to introduce her to handloading as well

koehlerrk
05-26-2013, 12:29 PM
She's a good gal, but I will say right here, right now, that she caught on with handguns much quicker than I did, and let's face it, it's a steep learning curve. I'm quite proud of her, and given some time, I'm fairly sure she'll be able to out-shoot me.

josper
05-26-2013, 12:42 PM
nice
you couldn't find a better shooting partner
you will have to introduce her to handloading as well If I had taught my first wife to shoot I doubt if I would be writing this today :)

Bzcraig
05-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Yesterday was my wife's first time ever shooting a handgun. She tried Robins' Smith 637 in 38... one cylinder was enough to determine that it does not fit her hands at all! So, I had her try Bobs' Judge with 45 Colts.

Right off the bat she said it fit her hand better, not perfect, but better than the Smith. It fit good enough that by the time she was done she was putting 5 rounds into a 6 inch group at 10 yards. Now she's bugging me that we need to get a couple handguns... one for me, and one for her. I think I've created a monster...

Created a great shooting partner.....how many guys sleep with their shooting partner.....I do!

koehlerrk
05-26-2013, 09:42 PM
I hear you Bzcraig.... or as I like to say, years ago, I married my best friend, and today, she still is.

However, she informed me that my little Savage in 22 Hornet is now "her" rifle.... Oh well, she's worth it.