PDA

View Full Version : Found Some Powder and Primers

Boyscout
05-25-2013, 09:20 PM
I went to the Atterbury Range near Edinburgh, IN today and was suprised to find some powder and primers. I picked up some CCI 500 Small Pistol ($36.00) and a pound of Hogdon CFE ($21.00). They had limited primers but a good selection of Alliant and Hodgdon powders. Win 780 was also available. The range was not very busy for a Saturday afternoon. I witnessed one moron whom I believe was asked to leave the range. He was shooting a flat-top AR-15 with no sighting device and making everyone very nevous. The range officer was busy assisting several shooters who had stuck cases in their AR's. Two reloaders had stuck cases and someone shooting steel cases.

LUCKYDAWG13
05-25-2013, 09:25 PM
CFE for $21. i hope you got a lot of it that cost me $27. last year

bruce drake
05-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the information on the Atterbury Range. I'm just a few weeks from being back home again in Indiana so that's good to know the clubhouse there is getting supplies back.

Sad part is the number of new shooters that it seems are not getting the proper safety training and mentorship.

Bruce

Boyscout
05-25-2013, 10:31 PM
The range is on the State side of the road and owned by the state. The vendor is private and also owns the Indiana Gun Club here in Indianapolis. I used to hunt the Army side but that pretty much ended after 9/11. I have never been to any of the military ranges there. Last time I was on a military range was in 1985 at Camp Pendleton, CA.

I drew for the military hunt but decided to pass after the last time I went. The "Colonel's Hunt" crowd was allowed to go out first and I had a couple of run ins just trying to pass through to go deeper. Funny thing is I knew some of the Colonel's Hunt people and none of them knew anyone in the Army, National Gaurd or any other branch of the service.

km101
05-25-2013, 10:34 PM
I found powder (no primers) at a LGS today too. Hodgdon powders were pretty well stocked, some Winchester, some Alliant. Others were scattered through the line. HP-38 for $21.50. H-110 for 23.50. IMR 4350 for $24.70.

I got what I needed and didn't make a dent in the supply. Good sign!

Bruce you are so right about the new shooters with no training or knowledge. I was at the range the other day and I had to laugh to keep from crying. A man (mid 20's) who was shooting next to me heard me tell the range safety officer that I would pick up my brass as I wanted to reload it. He told the safety officer that he wanted to keep his also. When a cease-fire was called I started to pick up my .308 brass. The guy next to me said "How do I tell which brass is mine?" He was the only shooter on the line who was shooting a .223, AR-15! I shook my head and tried to keep from laughing as I told him to look for the little ones!

wv109323
05-25-2013, 10:47 PM
I was in the Charleston,WV Cabela's on 5-23-2013. They had Winchester primers. I noticed WSR and WSP. The price was $4.99 per hundred. Limit was 2000. No price break if you bought a thousand. They had several types of powder around $28.00 per pound.
They had some bulk 7.62X 39 and some bulk .223. Price was $189.00 for 420 rounds. No .22 LR ammo.