PDA

View Full Version : one year anniversary.....

imsoooted
05-25-2013, 11:56 AM
one year ago today my wife started a new life of sobriety. she is a very brave woman who has overcome an illness that is as dangerous as any drug addiction. I love you Kim, one day at a time.

jmort
05-25-2013, 12:07 PM
May God continue to bless you both. I love to hear a good report.

Wayne Smith
05-25-2013, 07:59 PM
One day at a time. I'm sure she knows this, but nothing she does yesterday or tomorrow effects today's choices. Same with me and my diabetes - eating and exercising right or my blood sugar is up. May God go with both of you for the rest of your lives together, one day at a time.

smoked turkey
05-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Good for you two. You are on the right path. The Lord will continue to give you both the strength and courage to continue down the right path if you will continue to follow Him. We have very tight knit, praying Sunday School class that has successfully dealt with lots of issues down through the years. If you are not in a small to medium size class I sure recommend them to everyone. We ALL need that sort of interaction as we are all in need one way or the other. I am happy for you both.

pmer
05-26-2013, 10:01 AM
one year ago today my wife started a new life of sobriety. she is a very brave woman who has overcome an illness that is as dangerous as any drug addiction. I love you Kim, one day at a time.

I'm glad she is celebrating a year of clear thinking!

obssd1958
05-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Congratulations to both of you. To her for making the commitment and staying sober, and to you for supporting her.
I've been sober for almost 30 years, and couldn't have done it without the help of God and my family.
The most important of the twelve steps is turning it over to God...

Don

missionary5155
05-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Good morning and Praise God for deliverance from the snares of the devil.
I will pray for her continued life of overcoming the desires of the flesh. It is a daily battle we all face. God will give daily victory. As the Lord Jesus said "Alone we cannot do anything in defeating sin, the flesh and the devil". I rejoice with you both !
Mike in Peru

1Shirt
05-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Good for both of you! Her for the effort, you for sticking with her!
1Shirt!

WILCO
05-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Congrats! Tell her to keep up the strength and go forward.

mroliver77
05-27-2013, 12:08 PM
July 13 1991 Was my first day clean. That first year was something! I am proud of her and anybody that travels this path. Took me a while to work out the God part but I asked and He answered!
J

prsman23
05-27-2013, 12:11 PM

Good on you brother. My mother has had a problem her whole life. It's amazing the toll it has on a family. I'm glad you are going strong. Just remember it's for the best and it doesn't just affect you. But those you love. Keep strong!

DLCTEX
06-01-2013, 11:06 AM
I am amazed to total it up and find I am 39 years sober this month, thanks to God and his support through prayer and his sending the right companionship and purpose into my life. I will pray for you both in your continued walk in a better life.

srtolly
06-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Congrats, it is a milestone to be sure. Prayers are sent for continued sobriety. You are also a champ for sticking it out with her. I'm facing the same with my wife of 25 years. May God bless you both.

sirAIG
06-18-2013, 11:19 PM
So very happy to read this!! I just celebrated 6months clean and serene after a 3rd trip to in patient treatment. This time was different for me. It takes a strong soul and the humility to realize i just dont know what the heck i am doing in life. And for that, we have to be powerless and look to a power greater than ourselves. Thanks be to god for all that he can, and has given.

Thanks for sharing - it certainly helps us fellow recovering addicts to see success, even if it is only the first day sober!