PDA

View Full Version : Small Game in MI

dk17hmr
09-17-2007, 08:42 AM
This past weekend small game opened up, so I went out to some of my favorite spots on state land to look for a few squirrels for the pot. Every where I went both Saturday and Sunday was littered with people. Even some of the spots that dont show up on the map as state land (but are) had trucks parked off the side of the road. I finally found a spot and walked about for about an hour and came across a father son team sitting watchin the oaks I was working. I only saw a few squirrels and none of them were the meaty fox squirrels so I didnt fill the game bag.

I did see alot of youth hunters which is good, but they need to find their own places to hunt not MY state land, reminded me of opening day of deer season all the pumpkins sitting around and walking.

GrizzLeeBear
09-17-2007, 12:00 PM
.... but they need to find their own places to hunt not MY state land.....

LOL. Thats funny.:Fire: :mrgreen:

It was nice cool weather this weekend. Would have got out after some bushytails myself, but to many other things to do.

HORNET
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I went out after squirrel Sunday. Got about 15 yards into the trees and had a squirrel barking at me. Only heard him about 10 seconds before he was drowned out by the blood-sucking swarm that came after me. Need to get some new 'skeeter repellant or cooler temperatures.

357maximum
09-19-2007, 11:18 AM
The slower the economy gets the more people look to cheaper forms of entertainment for them and their family. Does not take much to persue small game making it relatively cheap. Besides that there are alot of people with nothing better to do while they are laid off. Maybe when we get over this BIG 3 withdrawal syndrome people will find something better to do and you can have some of "YOUR" stateland back.

EMC45
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Nice weather yesterday morn and today. But alas work reared it's ugly head. I have bagged pleny of greys on the local WMA. I guess I'm lucky in the fact when squirrel opens the woods are empty! More for me!