PDA

View Full Version : What did I get

starmac
05-23-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't know much about old (or new) military firearms, but I ran across a guy that was broke down. A hundred miles south of town, and needing some bucks.
I wound up with a pretty nice modelo 1932, above the modelo # is Cs.ZBROJOVKAAKC.SPOLVBRNE (what a mouthful) above the C and the E is a smaller v.

This looks original to me except that a recoil pad has been added to the stock, The wood is nice and has a number on the buttsock matching the serial #.

30/06 is stamped on the top of the action next to the bolt, and it has a 1.2 stamped on the top of the barrel, in front of the action.

Sensai
05-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Can I buy a vowel?

starmac
05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
All vowels are accounted for. lol

MtGun44
05-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Rough guess would be Brno Czech manufacture. What does it look like? Milsurp or
commercial? Mauser 98 based?

PIX!!

Bill

starmac
05-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Milsurp for sure, it has a rear sight that you push forward with odd numbers on the right, even on the right up to twenty.

starmac
05-23-2013, 03:10 PM
I am thinking the forearm may have been shortened on this. The front sight insert is on a raided block app. 3/8 square with a small hole through it from the side.
The barrel is22 and 1/2 inches.
There are no other visible marks besides a 5 digit serial number, that is also on the wood close to the buttplate (recoil pad).
The bolt is turned down. The 30/06 stamps looks like someone stamped it, it cycles 150 and 180 grainers PERFECT.
Is these old actions capable of handling anything that is 30/06 factory pressures or less.

starmac
05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Excess, sorry not smart enough for pictures. lol I knew this thing is special because it is MINE.
I will just have to see how she shoots and how I get along with it. The sites do leave a lot to be desired with my eyes, due to the very small v notch in the rear sight.

I have never owned an aught six, but have had brass dies (including the neck die) for some time just in case. It is quite possible I have a new truck, canoe and general all around beat around gun. lol

starmac
05-23-2013, 09:11 PM
All good info. I have been around aught sixes all my life, just never owned one, or really had the need for one. I shoot left handed, so it will never be my go to gun, but if all goes well it will be my new camp general purpose gun, as iw would make better bear medicine than my 30/30 beater gun that I kick around with now. lol

A little factory ammo came with it 35 rounds, so I figured for 200, bucks I didn't get gouged too bad. lol

starmac
05-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Excess 650, I also got a box of fiocchi 22 lr match a partial box of 9 mil. along with it. The problem is there was nothing in the deal to use the 9 mil. in and no twelve gauge shells to use in the old single barrel shotgun. LOL
The 2 bills also covered a pretty decent old savage model 6a semi auto, and an off brand 12 gauge.
I got a great deal, but there is a good chance I will be giving away the 22, and I don't put a lot of value on the shotgun, so I figure most of the money was to cover the 06.

JeffinNZ
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Rough guess would be Brno Czech manufacture.Bill
.....or Welsh.....LOL

KCSO
05-24-2013, 10:39 AM
That's Czech, it mean's we finnaly sold something, That would have come from the Govt arsenal in Brno. Any you wonder why we can't spell English

bruce drake
05-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Back off the Welsh there ya Kiwi! Its one of my 8 ancestral trees...

Mk42gunner
05-24-2013, 10:13 PM
You might not have any problems with the magazine length. I have a 98a Carbine action that was made into a neat little .30-06 many years ago; and I have never had any problems with fitting rounds into the mag. From what I gather from reading about the various Mausers' some of the 8mm ones will work with '06 length cartridges and some won't.

I would slug the barrel, it may very well turn out to be a .31-06, with a .312" groove diameter. If so you can either shoot cast, or use the red coated pretenders meant for the .303 British that are .312".

Robert