PDA

View Full Version : Better day today than yesterday

Newtire
09-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Spent yesterday reloading my computer as it crashed bigtime. Thankfully, it came with a restore disc. I now know how to use System Restore. Too late for all the files I had stored & great stuff I saved from this group. I'll just have to get it all back agin!

Today was a great day at the range with my trusty Ruger Blackhawk .32-20 showing great results with some AA#7 loads I put together for it. As Iget more used to the pistol, the groups keep getting smaller. Also, I am weeding out the loads that don't work and tweaking the ones that do. The .32 magnum cylinder wasn't getting much use so I gave it a second chance today & got better accuracy than before with my Unique loads but when I put in the 9.0 gr. H110 loads, things really tightened up. Just as good as any .32-20 load. So much for the "jump" affecting things. Someone said that the longer the jump, then slow down the powder and it seems true in this case. The 2X Swift scope works great so I'm leaving it on!

I forgot to mention the boolit I used for my .32 magnum loads was the RCBS 32-98.

,32-20 has shown promising results with the 120RF group buy boolit & the Saeco #322, so have stuck with that for now.