PDA

View Full Version : which bedding material?

fabricator21
05-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I have a laminate stock that I am going to use for a single shot 338 ultra mag. I am looking for a bedding material to fill the blind magazine pocket. I would like something that I can pour in. I used araglas gel for the bedding and it is just to thick (paste) to accomplish this.

leftiye
05-23-2013, 05:55 AM
Any epoxy will do. Put tape on the receiver to help it to release and to make it have a little clearance so that it doesn't interfere with your bedding. Fill the hole most of the way with styrofoam, or plastic wood filler first.

brasshog
05-23-2013, 11:28 PM
I would use the 40mil bedding tape with mold release spray on it. Both were from midway. I used the gel,spray, and tape when I custom fitted a G2 pistol grip on my old contender frame. Be very generous with the spray..several light coats from different directions tends to work best. This way you have a consistent fit and if all else fails the tape is like a two inch wide electrical. It will come off. Why use this tape ? Because it allows liberal use of the epoxy and if you decide to work the epoxy to lessen the air bubbles it will help with spillage. Any good epoxy will work but always buy a new batch for the project. Old products that you had laying around tend to be "stiffer" and less fluidic than when you bought them a year ago lol. Also, I would score the interior walls with a dremel so that the epoxy gets a good bite. Remember to wipe with alcohol to remove dust for a good job.

AZ Pete
06-01-2013, 06:02 PM
You can also heat the epoxy to make it flow better....use a hair dryer.