PDA

View Full Version : Mold prices returning to normal?

DHurtig
05-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Was just browsing molds on ebay and prices seem to be returning to normal. Anything with gouger prices seems to have no bids and most stuff seems to be at or just slightly above the pre craziness prices. i hope that this is a sign that things are returning to normal. Dale

trapper9260
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
That is good to know thanks for the update. I know that the cost of them was way out of hand and alot did not know what they where really worth I take it , they all got what they where looking for and now hope will get back to some what normal .There will be some will be stuck with the high price that you stated or take a loss and sell lower.the way it looks.

Rick Hodges
05-22-2013, 04:59 PM
The prices are still way high. The last minute snipers are still pushing them way up. Lee $20 two holers going for $45 plus shipping.

tg32-20
05-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Dale,

You are correct in that they have somewhat stabilized. I watch prices on ebay mostly out of boredom.
We are not seeing the crazy prices but on a whole they are still nowhere near "old normal" prices and maybe they never will be again.
I have noticed that things priced way out of line are not getting any bids.

But as pointed out above, the going prices for a $20 Lee mold is still $45 and you know a lot of the people selling Lee molds get them for wholesale,
that is just too much of a mark up.

There are some deals to be had on ebay if you are patient. I got an Ideal mold the other day for $22, it is a single cavity, beat up on the outside and a little rusty
on the outside but it cleaned up great and casts really nice boolits.

Still anything that says 223, 7.62, AK or the like is going for way too much and if it says rare or vintage, who knows what it will go for.

Tom