PDA

View Full Version : lube on the finished bullet

Cane_man
05-21-2013, 08:58 PM
thanks to a lot of help from several of you fellas and the archives i have these 10mm 200gr jwords swaged and ready to go... they are not the best looking but they punch holes in paper fine...

they are lubed up with straight lanolin, do you guys remove the lube before reloading, if so how?

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331/johnelway/10mm-swaged-jwords_zpsf3ae9a07.jpg

Lizard333
05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
I tumble mine in SS media with additional soap to compensate for the additional lube. That and citric acid, I get mine to look like a shiny penny.

You can also tumble them in walnut or corn cob media. Works, just not as well as the SS media.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/22/yme4a8yp.jpg

taminsong
05-21-2013, 09:38 PM
For me it won't matter, but for more cosmetic beauty, try to tumble them in ceramic media with citric acid and dishwashing detergent. You'd be amazed later! This is BT's tip!

taminsong
05-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Lizard,

That's really nice bullets you got there!

I'm not really into 40SW because I don't have the gun, but reading and looking at the pics posted here in the forum, maybe
I should get one of Armscor single stack cal. 40SW and make bullets like yours!

MOcaster
05-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Those look pretty good. I put my swaged bullets(or would it be boolits? Haven't figured that out yet) in my tumbler with corn cob media and let them run overnight. They are a little shinier and lube free. I have stainless media but it is balls and gets stuck in the hollow point. I know that others put mineral spirits or acetone in a mason jar with bullets with lube still on them and shake it around to get the lube off.

Cane_man
05-22-2013, 12:25 AM
^^^ thats what i ended up doing... 2 cap fulls of mineral spirits in the walnut media with a couple of sheets of cutup dryer wrinkle-free sheets and an hour later they were all free of the lube and a little more shiny, good enough for reloading and paper targets... thanks guys for the suggestions