PDA

View Full Version : River Valley Ordnance ???

Parson
05-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Can anyone tell me whats going on with them. When I was in the commercial reloading business I used them with no problems. Been retired now for some time but had way more military .223 than to do by hand so I sent them about 35 pounds to process. They said it would take a couple of months. After about 8 weeks they call for my credit card saying the brass was ready. Its now almost a month later and no brass and they do not answer the phone or my e-mails. A little research on the net and I find out I am not the only one with a problem. Anybody here know whats going on?

lylejb
05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Found this thread on THR

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-696208.html

A poster there said he died, and his wife was trying to keep going. Don't know if that's true or not.

Parson
05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Yes its true but that was 2 or 3 years ago if my info is correct

edler7
05-21-2013, 11:42 PM
I understood he died, wife tried to keep it going...finally gave up. It sat a while then sold it to a couple young guys (not sure if they were family or not) and they have been running it for the last 6-8 months.

I hope they get their act together, they were a great place to buy pull down j word bullets.

bushboy
05-22-2013, 12:56 AM
I am pissed at them. I ordered some .223 brass and bullets in Jan of this year. At that time they said it would be 2-3 weeks for the order to be processed. Called and emailed them after 4 weeks to see what was going on. Finally got to talk to someone and was told that my order would be processed 6-8 weeks from the original order date because they were busy. At 8 weeks I called and emailed multiple times and finally was told that my original order would be processed in another month - if I was lucky because they were really busy now! At the end of April my CC was charged for the full amount of my order but I haven't seen the order arrive yet. I have called multiple times (again) but can't leave messages due to their voicemail being full, have sent multiple emails (with no response) and am now so mad that I am going to be contacting the authorities. They have stolen almost $1000 from me and I am pissed!

41 mag fan
05-22-2013, 07:31 AM
I am pissed at them. I ordered some .223 brass and bullets in Jan of this year. At that time they said it would be 2-3 weeks for the order to be processed. Called and emailed them after 4 weeks to see what was going on. Finally got to talk to someone and was told that my order would be processed 6-8 weeks from the original order date because they were busy. At 8 weeks I called and emailed multiple times and finally was told that my original order would be processed in another month - if I was lucky because they were really busy now! At the end of April my CC was charged for the full amount of my order but I haven't seen the order arrive yet. I have called multiple times (again) but can't leave messages due to their voicemail being full, have sent multiple emails (with no response) and am now so mad that I am going to be contacting the authorities. They have stolen almost $1000 from me and I am pissed!

I'd be mad too!! Wholly cow.....

shooterg
05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
CC folks may be able to get your money back.

Epd230
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Try the CC people first. I filed a claim about an atm that shorted me and was suprised at who fast the issue was settled and the refund processed.

Local authorities can't do anything with bad business practices, but your complaint might be one of many. In that case the AG might be interested in hearing from you.

Good luck.

bushboy
05-23-2013, 01:32 AM
No response from RVO today from the email I sent them last night - SURPRISED?? NOT HARDLY!! So I filed a complaint with the State Attorney General's office - will see what they have to say. Very strange that I only saw two other complaints recorded on the AG's website against them ?!?! Going to my bank tomorrow to see about the CC charge.

Parson
05-23-2013, 09:27 AM
where is this Ag site? maybe thats my next move

bushboy
05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
https://www.consumer.ago.mo.gov/

Parson
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Thank you very much

Parson
05-24-2013, 12:15 PM
The age of miracles has not past, got my brass today. Still did not answer any of my questions one of which was do they have any bulk discounts as we have at least three 55 gal drums of .223, no answer, can only assume they don't want it. Outside of the none communication and delay the only problem I have with work done is that the case mouths were not chamfered but a review of their description of services they do not specifically say that they did that, so I guess I got everything I paid for

Love Life
05-24-2013, 12:27 PM
I've got my Wilson case prep equipment coming in today. What were their charges to prep brass?

Parson
05-24-2013, 05:42 PM
$35 per 1000 plus shipping flat rate, thats polished (not great but ok) primer pockets swaged, resized and trimed to length